Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 09:44 PM

Default Online NL win rates

I just started to play more online and wondered what kind of win rates people get playing no limit.

atm I 4 table 0.5/1 and 1/2 no limit and am averaging about $10/hour per table for a total of $40/hour on average. Now $40/hr is acceptable but I really want to get it much closer to $100/hr.

So I was interested to see at what level and what win rates other players get from online no limit. And for the pros that make their living doing this do you think there's much more room for improvement in my win rate 4 tabling at this level or is it more that I need to be looking at more tables or moving up levels?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Online NL win rates

You can see the SSNL forum FAQ and MSNL forum FAQ for some win rates others have attained. It's possible to win about 10 PTBB/100 at NL $100, which is a bit over $15/table-hour. So, your win rate might be improved slightly, but don't expect to double it without adding tables or moving up.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:15 PM

it takes a lot of hard work to get your hourly up to $100. learn the game, play lots, study lots, don't cash out your bankroll in its early building stages. make 8 grand, move to 400nl. viola, $100+/hr.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:32 PM

$100/hr is very doable 4-6 tabling 1/2 NL.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you find multi tabling is a hell of a lot easier with limit than no limit?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit you have 3 basic choices:
1- bet/raise
2- check/call
3 - fold

NL adds
4- how much to bet/raise

Coupled with the extra time it takes to configure this value and you've just decreased the number of hands/hour you can play

On the flip side, NL tables tend to play a little slower than limit, so the same 4 tabling on limit tables would involve many more hands/hour

I am looking to increase the # tables I can play. Any advice? please post it here
Old 07-06-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find multitabling much easier with NL. I can't play more than 4 tables of LHE 6-max, but I can comfortably 8 table NL 6-max.
Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find multitabling much easier with NL. I can't play more than 4 tables of LHE 6-max, but I can comfortably 8 table NL 6-max.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I was the only one. I've never tried 8 tables, but I also find NL much easier to multi-table.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit you have 3 basic choices:
1- bet/raise
2- check/call
3 - fold

NL adds
4- how much to bet/raise

Coupled with the extra time it takes to configure this value and you've just decreased the number of hands/hour you can play

On the flip side, NL tables tend to play a little slower than limit, so the same 4 tabling on limit tables would involve many more hands/hour

I am looking to increase the # tables I can play. Any advice? please post it here

[/ QUOTE ]

In limit play you have many choices on how to play a hand. Bet out, Check-raise, Check-call to set up a check-raise on the next round, Check-call planning to donk a safe turn card, wait for the turn to force bad odds on cold callers, etc. These choices typically require a lot of thinking "in context" with a plan on what you are going for on subsequent rounds of betting, because these subsequent rounds will very frequently occur and are often multiway.

No limit play will have some much bigger decisions - and it's more important that you get them right - but I find I need to think much less on average. This of course is referring to max buy-in NL. With truly deep stacks and skilled opponents you might really want to focus in, but playing small stakes with < 100 blinds against a bunch of dorks . . . the amount to bet is usually pretty standardized after a few rounds. Not that you shouldn't vary it, but it's not really a poser to do so.

Maybe I could increase my winrate per table incrementally by playing one less table, but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be close to the amount I win from the extra table up to my max comfort level.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
(BB/100 hands)(90 hands / 1 table) (x tables)= 25 BB

This tells us that your BB in your winrate (good is considered 8BB/100) times the number of tables you play (or your MT ratio in Pokertracker) must equal 27.78. So if you 4 table, you must average around 6.95BB/100. If you 6 table, it drops to 4.63.

Exercising good game selection and eliminating or reducing tilt makes this a very achievable number.