Old 07-03-2006, 05:22 PM
ZServe ZServe is offline
Member

Default VIP Player owed $11,000 ---Party not paying (very long)

Just wanted to bring the following situation to light:

I won my first WSOP seat in the June VIP promo, getting 25k points in 4.5 days. A day or two later I emailed the VIP team to see if i would be refunded if I won an additional seat in a satellite. The following is the full email exchange:

My email to VIP

Old 07-03-2006, 05:29 PM
AntonHeat AntonHeat is offline

Location: Vancouver BC

wow this is bad... see if you played at pokerstars this kind of [censored] wouldn't happen, but with party its standard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
hope they give you some sort of deal or something [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 05:34 PM
bobbyi bobbyi is offline

Location: Belittling Your Sample Size

That sucks. It seems pretty clear from the mails you quoted that you are right and they are wrong.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:37 PM
poker-penguin poker-penguin is offline

Location: Don\'t listen to my advice.

[ QUOTE ]
That sucks. It seems pretty clear from the mails you quoted that you are right and they are wrong. and yet they'll still [censored] you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 07-03-2006, 05:38 PM
AllinDan AllinDan is offline

Location: CA

call them. demand to speak to a supervisor who speaks english. I don't think you'll get anything done over email. You could try emailing mike O Malley directly perhaps, but this isnt his deal. I'm pessimistic about your chances.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:43 PM
-zero- -zero- is offline

Location: Busting shortstackers

That is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Party.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:02 PM
spino1i spino1i is offline

Location: im a tagfish that always folds

I would call them.. trying to get stuff done over email is not a good idea. You can probably resolve the situation by just takling to the VIP dept.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:56 PM
heater heater is offline

Location: Behind enemy lines

"We will put your 50,000 points back into your account."

Nice consolation there. You can get an ipod or maybe half a dozen books that you probably already own. Yay.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:30 PM
whittiphil whittiphil is offline

this is terrible
Old 07-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Arnfinn Madsen Arnfinn Madsen is offline

Try to escalate to the Pokerroom manager. Oh wait, he is just the manager of good times [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img], the bad things gets rightfully descalated until it gets to a person with neither competence or authority to handle it. Naming tables contests and announcing no-download-upgrade is cool [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img], making sure promises are kept is rather boring. No point not having fun at work [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img].