FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2006, 04:56 PM

Default $16: Wacky awful bubble hand

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t9630)
Button (t620)
Hero (t1235)
BB (t2015)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">CO raises to t9630 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero calls t1135 (All-in), <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

This is stupid on its face, but there are three things to keep in mind:

1) Villain's range is 100%.
2) Shorty can't bust. He's disconnected, and the big stack keeps folding his blind so that he can continue to abuse us.
3) Other than folding the blind, villain will not fold. I saw villain raise from UTG with 97o, get pushed back at by the last big stack, and call for all of his chips.

This is a pretty crazy situation that obviously doesn't come up much, but I felt sick because I didn't know how to reason out a strategy here. Thoughts?
Old 07-03-2006, 05:04 PM

Default Re: $16: Wacky awful bubble hand

You should fold here all of the time. Don't risk your 3rd place money here.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:06 PM

I was trying to reason out a way to isolate the button, but it seems like it's impossible, based on your description, as such, I think JQ is as good a hand as any to pick a fight with villain...

outcome?

edit: the BB, who is no doubt getting agitated as well would probably pick a fight with villain when he is on the button, so waiting is possible a good move as well...

Also, the BB may decide that this is a good spot for him to try and get in the money with Ax knowing that you are no doubt getting annoyed with the villain as well, at least I've seen similar situations arise

so in conclusion, I don't know [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 05:11 PM

EASIEST FOLD EVER!

1. Button has less than you and there's no reason to risk going out in 4th when button will most likely do so.
2. You only have QJ, which isn't that good. There's a good chance you don't even have the best hand so no reason to risk it.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
EASIEST FOLD EVER!

1. Button has less than you and there's no reason to risk going out in 4th when button will most likely do so.
2. You only have QJ, which isn't that good. There's a good chance you don't even have the best hand so no reason to risk it.

[/ QUOTE ]

keep in mind he mentioned that the button is disconnected, and the big stack is keeping it on life support
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM

In any other bubble I'd fold this, but I don't know how button having less than me helps in this situation. He's not taking the initiative to bust himself, he's been sitting out for twenty minutes or more, and the big stack is keeping him alive so that he can bleed those of us who are actually playing. The only way to get to his blind involves me or BB pushing over the big stack to attack it, and like I said, he's not folding for any reason.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:18 PM

1) Not too bad, but I might wait another round to see if BB gets frustrated first and/or I get a better hand.

2) I'd try and pick a hand with shortie in the BB. At least you get a little more overlay and you know he'll fold.

3) I'd compliment big stack on his pwnage. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-----------kitty

You can always force shorty to play by limping when he's the BB. You limp, big stack pushes, shorty folds, you fold. Expensive, but depending on the blinds rotation and when they increase I think you could make the $$ that way. It might turn into a stalling game to get the blinds to increase right as shorty gets the blinds again. interesting [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 05:19 PM

I've had a smiliar situation on occasions. I fold all but premium hands until the disconnected bust's out.

Stu
Old 07-03-2006, 05:21 PM

Come on guys, at least READ THE ENTIRE HAND AND COMMENTS before you reply!!!

--------kitty
Old 07-03-2006, 05:27 PM

LOL, thanks for saving me to make the same post.