Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 05:47 PM

Default Own Up, What\'s The Dumbest Thing Poker Related You\'ve Ever Done?

Inspired by the funniest thing you've ever heard thread

After reading the other thread, I want to see who is man enough to admit to doing some of the dumb things it is centered around. Time to own up, we were all rookies once. Misread your hand? Tried to push in a limit game? Push pocket quads in Omaha? What's the dumbest thing you have personally done in a game? I'll go first....

The other day I jumped on to Paradise to play some $1/2 Limit Omaha/8. The is the only time I can remember picking up AA23 in O/8. The flop hits A67 with two diamionds, I had a total rainbow in my hand. I bet, get 3 calls. The turn brings a club 3, so I start jamming with the nut low and the FH redraw. The diamond hits on the river, so I check/call to get my chop. The whole pot goes the opposite way and I am dumbfounded. I have the hand history emailed to me to see if I misread my hand or what. I looked it over 3 different times before I realized the header "$1/2 Limit Omaha Hi".

Let's hear it................
Old 07-02-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Own Up, What\'s The Dumbest Thing Poker Related You\'ve Ever Done?

What's the dumbest thing I've ever done?

Post blinds.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:45 PM

Playing $1/$2 NL live going on about my 12th hour it's around 5 AM and I misread my hand and pushed all in and stacked off my winnings.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:35 PM

Sat down at a stud 8 table like I sometimes do, made the nut low by 5th street so I was raising and reraising until the river with some other guy with several players caught between us since I was guaranteed at least half the pot (no one else had a good low showing). Turns out I accidentally sat at stud hi table [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2006, 10:11 PM

never playing... ever.

DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDS!!!!!
Old 07-03-2006, 01:13 AM

I currently have a 50 dollar prop with another 2p2er on the first to make it to 200 on one table playing 10nl. Its stupid since it will take all day to do and the time is better spent playing my normal games.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:22 AM

My first time playing $2/$5, I buy in for $400. This is before I knew what a bankroll was, much less the difference between tourney and cash play. Before my chips even get to the table, I look down at AKs. I verbally raise to 30, get reraised to 120 by the button, and I say "all-in." Get called by AA. Oops.

On the bright side, I met someone who gave alot of good pointers before I went home(because I obviously sucked).
Old 07-03-2006, 02:20 AM

Misread my opponents hand and mucked the winner [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-03-2006, 02:27 AM

Bought into a SNG, fell asleep about 5 hands in.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:01 AM

Stud 8/b:

I have four cards to a low with a pair on fifth street. My opponent is obviously betting with a good high hand. I catch another low card on sixth street, figuring that I'm now freerolling. I also make aces-up. The pot gets jammed on sixth. Seventh street is a brick, but I think my aces-up might be good and that I have a low hand so the betting gets capped again. My opponent shows a full house and takes down the pot.

Next time, I'll remember that it's impossible to have a low hand and two pair on 6th street

NL hold'em:

I've only played $0.5-$1 a couple of times. I really messed up one of the first times. I flopped TPTK, but my opponent played back at me. On the turn, I had a draw to the nut flush. I hit a flush on the river, and bet. My opponent raised me. I thought I had the nuts, so I moved all-in. I didn't notice that the board paired on the river. My opponent won with his J7 offsuit. Maybe hard to put him on that hand in a raised pot, but I wouldn't have pushed if I noticed that the board paired.