Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 02:29 PM

Default 100NL Second barrel in reraised pot

The details are a bit fuzzy, but something like this:

100NL, effective stacks $120, Villain seems good/ok. I suspect he has floated a few times, though he hasn't shown down the hands.

I'm in the BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG raises to $4. Villain calls in the CO. I raise to $16 from the BB and only Villain calls.

Pot= $36ish

The flop is 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I bet $25 and Villain calls.

Pot= $86

The turn is A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I go all-in for about $80 more. Spew or good?
Old 07-02-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: 100NL Second barrel in reraised pot

Depends a lot on villain's range for calling a pf raise from UTG (which also depends on villain's perception of UTG's pf raising range.)

I guess I like this, but I almost never do it for my stack. Maybe this is a leak of mine.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:02 PM

why the hell are you RR OOP with that hand?
Old 07-02-2006, 03:03 PM

I like it.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:30 PM

nice play-he can't call unless he beats (or has)TPTK here

And this is way less than 50% of his range
Old 07-02-2006, 03:32 PM

This is a tricky one. Obviously this is a squeeze play gone wrong. I don't know if anyone can say for sure what the correct play is postflop given the action and the turn card. I would tend to bet something more in the $18-20 range on the flop. You can find out the same info for less cost. It might be a bit weak to some but I think the play is to check and fold the turn. I am just not going to get stacked with 9 high on a squeeze play. You have zero outs if you get called and villan has a lot invested and I don't think your fold equity is that high. I mean what did he call the turn with? a7, 33, 22, 77, maybe like 88 99, 66. These are all possible and my guess is that if you are making a lot of plays like squeeze plays and just overall and aggressive player then the other people at the table are dying to pick you off. The more I think about it this is easily a check and fold. There are so many good spots agianst the fish at this limit that it is time to cut your losses.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:42 PM

I disagree with this logic here. What everyone is missing is villan's perception of hero at this point. If he is the type that is making these types of plays which my guess is that he is. Then he is going to try and pick him off at some point. And when people call a flop bet for 1/4 of their stack on the flop it shows a ton of strength. You are going to be up against a set here a lot. Think about what types of hands he'd float with. You have pocket pairs suited aces and suited connecters. The only hands that he'd call with on the flop that wouldn't call an all in is 76s or like 66,88, or 99. He could easily have a set or a7s or possibly might even try and pick him off with 88, or 99. If everyone else wants to get stacked with 9 high and no draw be my guest but this is just bad poker in my opinion. He is calling at least 75-80% of the time here given his range and the flop call. In addition given the board on the flop the pot was way overbet. He bet 2/3 pot which is paying too much for information. This is simply a squeeze play that isn't working out and it's time to abort.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:45 PM

great post leatherhead
Old 07-02-2006, 03:57 PM

It's good if he's decent as you say. This fold out all hands 1010-KK.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
nice play-he can't call unless he beats (or has)TPTK here

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't think this is true, at least not from the play I've seen. A bad villain will reason: "there is no way he bets that much with an ace"