Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Every weird situation in the book.

3 handed, yeehaw that's weird! Was six max then it died.

This guy just sat down a while ago but has made it clear that his raising standards are holding two cards instead of one. Yeehaw that's weird!

Other guy hasn't been around long and obviously didn't buy in with much--he limp-capped all in! Yeehaw that's weird!

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (3 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button Caps All-In</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero...

LAGTard seems to have given up! Yeehaw that's weird! I probably have the best hand now, but enough to bet and try to push him off? Is he setting me up for something screwy? Does the limp-capper protecting the pot affect anything here? Yeehaw this is weird!
Old 07-02-2006, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Every weird situation in the book.

If you had a chance to win the whole pot outright by betting here then I'd say go for it. But with button all in for a large portion of the pot I'd check behind here and try to hit something on the river.
Old 07-02-2006, 01:22 AM

i think this in fact does change things if there is an all in, you can push him off the hand but you may lose to the all in anyways if he doesn't call.. which would gain you 0 bets, but if you don't have the best hand and he calls you lose 1 Big bet...

i'm leaning toward a check here and see the river for cheap
Old 07-02-2006, 01:22 AM

i woulda raised the flop to be honest... maybe we can catch a free card as well as c-bet our aggression preflop. we have 2 marginal backdoor draws

Then given the turn i would check behind here and fold the river UI
Old 07-02-2006, 01:23 AM

*grunch*
I say bet. If he c/r you then fold. Not sure what hold he has, but the 7 on the turn is an odd card to slow up on.

One question I have. Did you 3 bet pf to get rid of BB? Since AJo holds up better with less people? I know this is a noob question, just curious your reasoning.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:04 AM

Holy strangeness. My guess is the button just thought "What the hell, I'm almost out of money anyway" and capped for fun.

I guess I'm leaning towards a check on the turn too. With the button all-in, you could get rid of SB but still lose to a pair of twos or something else that's equally embarrassing. There's only 2 small bets in that side pot, so it's hardly worth the effort. See the river, and see what our friend does. If it's a blank of sorts that doesn't seem dangerous, and he bets out, I'd probably call, because he's laggy and is betting because of my "weak" check. If he checks to me again on the river, I'm checking through unless I improve, it isn't worth betting at him, having him call, and then get shown a pair of twos or nines.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:45 AM

Yeah, check behind. LAGtards don't get bet off hands, yo. Plus, you picked up a sexy little gutshot.

I then call any reasonable river card. I'm not worried about all-in guy; he could be stacking off with just about any two.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:47 AM

i check and call a riv bet. i think you are drawing.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:28 AM

This is a clear bet imo. If he folds you have a better chance of taking the main pot. Your fate is sealed with all-in. This is not the same as stealing on the river. You could have 6 outs if you are not ahead of both of them.

edit: wow i sort of grunched--didn't realize people are saying check this. WTF man. This is 3-handed and we have AJ-hi!
Old 07-02-2006, 03:36 AM

Easy bet.