Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2006, 11:34 PM

Default Hollywood Poker

I guess this is the place to post this.

I would like to say how well I believe your site is run. I have not only noticed your admins in the main chat immediatly fixing problems, but you have at least one who surfs different forums and helps people as needed.

Your bonus structure is very nice. There are good bonus's and bad ones. But for people who pay attention, there are usually more good then bad.

In order to clear a lot of your bonus's in a month, that person will have also made Titanium rewards. Thus giving them a free $25 at Platinum and $25 at Titanium.

You also have a nice niche market. You use Hollywood names (More people know them them Poker names IMO) to promote and play on your site. Very well thought out IMO.

The only thing I do not like about the site is the RNG you guys use. IMO it can use some work. Over sets are normal, and thats just not real. Do yourself a favor and hire a person with a degree in Applied Mathmatics and alter the RNG. Then again there are 0 sites with a true RNG as it is impossible to have ture randomization through a computer.

Anyhow, just thought I would post my thoughts on this site. I would recomend it to anyone.

Oh, I would also default the tables to the chat screen not the dealer screen. I believe that would get more people chatting on the tables. As it is, if you forget to switch it from dealer to chat, you just don't realize people are talking. Seeing NH good bet etc... seem to be good for business, as the average player wants to have fun most of all.
Old 07-04-2006, 04:05 PM

Default Re: Hollywood Poker

Hi Que2,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I will pass along your praise and your suggestions to our Hollywood Poker management team.

Take care,

Julie [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2006, 01:41 PM

Hate to crash the party boys. But yesterdays upgrade threw a wrench into what was otherwise excellent software for my PC. The table freezes up after every hand and things don't thaw and break free until the action reaches my seat on the subsequent hand. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Anyone else having this annoying problem?
Old 07-06-2006, 03:45 PM

i'm having the same problem at eurobet since the updates. i've emailed support, and they said to clear cache. tried it, didn't work.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 PM

tyry uninstalling the program and then downloading it anew and reinstalling. that seems to work.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:29 PM

I emailed support at Hollywood and received the following response within minutes:

Hi Hollywood Whore,

Thank you for contacting Hollywood Poker support.

I am sorry about the inconvenience. We have recently went through a software update and we do acknowledge that there are some lag between the hands. We have done some minor troubleshooting and it seems that the if a player enable the statistic, it will store your session every single hand and it could be the possible cause of lag. We have inform the technical team regarding this issue and they will try to rectify the issue as soon as possible.

Should you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us.

I'm impressed with the admission of guilt and hopeful that they will rectify the situation.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:14 AM

This site is seriously in rough shape. After every hand the table locks up until it's my turn to act with like 5 seconds to act..then I get to see my cards. Sometimes I'll just time out without even seeing my cards. They need to fix this ASAP.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:05 PM

We do apologize if you are experiencing any lags after our latest update. We are working on a patch that should be released very soon.

Warm Regards,

Julie
Old 07-07-2006, 07:44 PM

I cannot import hands into pokertracker since the last upgrade. Anyone else having trouble with this or know the solution?
Old 07-08-2006, 02:23 AM

Check out the pokertracker forums. Pat released an unofficial patch to take care of the pokerroom update.