Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 08:15 PM

Default carpal tunnel for poker players

i am sure this has been discussed in some respect before. I found a few things searching but I think this post could be valuable to the forum nevertheless.

Lately, I have had a lot of pain coming from my right hand as a result of using the mouse to play poker online. I only play 35kish hands per month but a lot of my non-poker hours are spent in front of a computer as well.

I have since employed the following system. I have two mice/mouses, both of which are ambidextrous. one is a trackball(with a large ball, made by logitech) mouse and one is your standard normal mouse. having the two mice allows me to use either mouse with either hand and does seem to reduce the total amount of strain i have to endure. however, i still experience pain from time to time.

so i was wondering if the great members of this forum have any tips for me or people like me. I heard that it was important for your arm to be level with the surface you are using the mouse on and i am doing my best to do that. someone else also told me to try and make sure your monitor is at eye level, apparently this mostly helps reduce eye strain (a serious issue as well) but it can also do good things for your posture.

should i look into buying one of those wrist things?

would a better chair help?

posture?

apparently the software 'multitable helper' has voice recognition software that allows you to play mouseless. i think i may end up using that as long as it actually works well. however i see myself still needing to use the mouse frequently to open new tables or do things like write an email, im, mess with pokertracker, or do any of the many things that most people do while multitabling.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:17 PM

Default Re: carpal tunnel for poker players

There's a section of the FAQ in this forum about things that you can do to take stress off your wrist.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:20 PM

danke, i missed that

EDIT: now i know why i missed it.
[ QUOTE ]
My wrist hurts, what can I change?

There are constant improvements in the type of mouse you can use.
A quick search will find the latest threads on this.

Be sure you are not resting your arm over the edge of a table or something similar.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was wondering if there was anything more to it. like if this thread could become one of those recent threads discussing the issue.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:41 PM

Sorry, it's been a long time since I read the FAQ. I thought there was more to it than that [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Here's some thread help :

HERE

HERE

HERE

and here's the forum archives :

http://archiveserver.twoplustwo.com/
Old 01-18-2006, 08:54 PM

If you buy MultitableHelper you can control the game from the keyboard or by voice. Its $25 but so helpful. I still use a mouse most of the time and my wrist hurts alot every so often.