Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 09:29 PM

Default (100NL 6-max) What\'s my line here?

Villain has been fairly LAG, but no real solid reads yet.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($108.90)
MP ($14.23)
Button ($98.95)
SB ($202.98)
BB ($184.24)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $3.

Flop: ($8.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $12</font>, Hero ???
Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Default Re: (100NL 6-max) What\'s my line here?

you have two options right now:

Push: you could very well be ahead of the lag right now or he could be playing around with some set/top pair. Id do this every now and then to keep it real.... but not very often.

Call: you have a FD with two overs and yoru getting&gt; 4:1. you have to at least call this right now. when the turn blanks youll be left in a wierd spot. I might block the turn and try to get a cheap river, folding to a raise. but you have a very playable hand.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:37 PM

I push, b/c i think ive got good FE, but I'm sure baluga and the rest of the W/T club will come in here and tell me to just call
Old 06-30-2006, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I push, b/c i think ive got good FE, but I'm sure baluga and the rest of the W/T club will come in here and tell me to just call

[/ QUOTE ]

ilike pushing a lot of the time. theres a huge amount of FE, i just dont really want a call. but we have a lot of outs vs a set.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:40 PM

I typically just call here getting 4-1 and re-evaluate on the turn. Often the min-raise indicates a hand, and if you push you probably dont have as much fold equity as you think.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:41 PM

Since you're in position, I like a call here. This minraise could be total air, but you often see weaker players making this play with a monster. The fact that it's a minraise means you're getting great odds to hit your flush, so I call and reevaluate on the turn. If you shove the only hands he could really call with that you're even money against are JJ and QQ (assuming he'd reraise KK or AA preflop); you're a huge dog to a set, which this line could definitely be.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I typically just call here getting 4-1 and re-evaluate on the turn. Often the min-raise indicates a hand, and if you push you probably dont have as much fold equity as you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the line I ended up taking. He bet small on the turn, I called and flushed out on the river. Turned out he did have a set and i won a sizable pot. i came really close to pushing the flop, but realize now that it was really a high variance "gambling" play. turned out i had the worst of it, and even if i didn't i would have only won like $15.

Perhaps the fact that small stakes players give more implied odds makes the mroe passive route the better one. ANy thoughts?
Old 06-30-2006, 11:01 PM

The more passive they are the more you can run them over. This guy was a LAG. He check raised you ... this often means it not a coinflip for the turn/river (two overs + NFD vs. a pair).

In any case, vnh.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:37 AM

Someone explain why they push. you have maybe 12 outs here (I'm giving 3 for the overs) You'll fold a TP a significant percentage of the time but when he calls you lose a huge pot more than 50% of the time. Seems like a great way to get stacked when you could have slowed down and played each street.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:42 AM

you push even when it is great overbet to the pot? I like pushing these kind of hands but rarely do because of that fact. Does it make any sense?

Like here, I like the push but in real life I would just call.