Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2006, 05:04 PM

Default (10)72o

I was reviewing some SnG histories and I found this.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t3380)
Button (t3205)
Hero (t615)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero bets t565 (All-in)</font>, BB calls t515

Flop: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

I ran it through SnGPT and it says $EV Diff +1.1%

Was this a horrible play or should I be happy with fact I made a correct play as per SNGPT. I had the setting on maniac. Looking at this history and BB stack what range should apply if any at all.

I have fold the past 20 hands which obviously put me in this situation. What holdings is the villian putting me on on?

I would think tight.

Is this a "*" any 2 range
Old 01-18-2006, 05:11 PM

Default Re: (10)72o

Good push.

It might be more interesting to see the '20 hands' prior to this.

What most of us are probably guilty of from time to time is not pushing the pushables (vs. incorrectly pushing).

While often greeted by SnGPT with a "great push feet!" on the push that killed me, my post-analysis is better served checking all of the "Y N" hands. It is here where you find the occasional 'wow, that +ev huh?'s.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Good push.

What most of us are probably guilty of from time to time is not pushing the pushables (vs. incorrectly pushing).

While often greeted by SnGPT with a "great push feet!" on the push that killed me, my post-analysis is better served checking all of the "Y N" hands. It is here where you find the occasional 'wow, that +ev huh?'s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I often go through and find many hands I couldve pushed for +.07 or so but in gametime there is more than "am I pushing every +EV opp?"...you might be seeing certain trends that lend a hand to playing more conservatively....things that SNGPT does not pick up...these are things that are difficult to "recapture" when going through HHs later. One good example is here:

(maybe I'm wrong)

A:4500
B:4500
C:2250
Hero:2250

Where C is playing recklessly, and A or B seems zealously defensive (or appears as such) I will discount some EV for my own open pushes because it is more +EV to wait. This is obvious I guess, but not as obvious when you go back and look...
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

unfortinualey I posted this hand when I went home for lunch. When I get home I will be more than happy to post the hands.

I love having everyone beat my up for making bad palys [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I have to learn some how.

What was even more surprizing to me was the last time I was in the SB I was delt 83o (iirc) and it also was even more so +$EV, However I did fold that. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

I would still like to here some thoughs on the range questions.

I am not concerned with the results of this hand, I am happy reguardless. I am just curious if anyone cares to take a stab at what the villian might have called with or the ranges.

I am tring to better my self with both my think while reviewing /w sngpt and at the table.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:48 PM

What, do you just follow me around all day to harrass me? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you 100% - really (this time).

I'm not at all saying that your decision to pass on a push game-time would be negated by what you find in SnGPT (necessarily). I'm just saying that one would be limiting it's usefulness if they were just verifying/justifying those final pushes.

Certainly you could conclude that you might have had a good reason to pass on push #22 14 tourneys ago. I just find it beneficial to use that review time to increase future intuitiveness, by running through all of the "Y N"'s...using real tourney/stack situations -- vs. creating your own simulated ones.

Ps. You ready for some HH?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Good push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but I often go through and find many hands I couldve pushed for +.07 or so but in gametime there is more than "am I pushing every +EV opp?"...you might be seeing certain trends that lend a hand to playing more conservatively....things that SNGPT does not pick up...these are things that are difficult to "recapture" when going through HHs later. One good example is here:

(maybe I'm wrong)

A:4500
B:4500
C:2250
Hero:2250

Where C is playing recklessly, and A or B seems zealously defensive (or appears as such) I will discount some EV for my own open pushes because it is more +EV to wait. This is obvious I guess, but not as obvious when you go back and look...

[/ QUOTE ]

This is more or less my reasoning for my OP. I would like to hear more discusion on this very topic or can some one point me to somes link on the subject.

Considering my stack size and BB's stack size, Is the villian in the "Call any 2 mode" yet in reguards to pushes at this point.

I would have thought for sure the villian is paying enough attention that I have yet to play a single hand since it was 5 handed, Hence assuming I am playing conservatively and not figuring to put me on such a trash hand.

Or am I even foolish to think at the 11's someone is actually being observant enough to detitermine a push range for me.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What, do you just follow me around all day to harrass me? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I agree with you 100% - really (this time).

I'm not at all saying that your decision to pass on a push game-time would be negated by what you find in SnGPT (necessarily). I'm just saying that one would be limiting it's usefulness if they were just verifying/justifying those final pushes.

Certainly you could conclude that you might have had a good reason to pass on push #22 14 tourneys ago. I just find it beneficial to use that review time to increase future intuitiveness, by running through all of the "Y N"'s...using real tourney/stack situations -- vs. creating your own simulated ones.

Ps. You ready for some HH?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...yeah Ive made 3 posts all day all in response to you. You're my wednesday charity case.

I have sent you those yet? anyway, I have a couple set aside...Ill send em tonight.

ps...regarding my reply, I only wrote it because it is a phenomenom I notice a lot...I have a constant struggle between my instinct and what SNGPT says...I know in the end that I am right, but I like fleshing out the reasons.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:48 PM

Bluefeet here are the 20 hand I spoke of in my OP.(I am not sure if you ment literally) After running through it converting it I reliazed I was slighty more active the I thought I was.

To this point in the SnG I have yet to play a single hand. Rockets, Hey I take as my first playable hand.

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (8 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t160)
Hero (t700)
MP1 (t900)
MP2 (t230)
CO (t1620)
Button (t1365)
SB (t2520)
BB (t505)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG bets t160 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t160, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">MP2 raises to t230 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t2495 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t540 (All-in)</font>

Flop: (t3660) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)

Turn: (t3660) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 players)

River: (t3660) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)

Hero (t940)
UTG+1 (t900)
MP1 (t555)
MP2 (t1620)
CO (t1365)
Button (t1820)
SB (t455)
BB (t345)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, MP1 calls t50, MP2 calls t50, CO calls t50, Button calls t50, SB calls t25, BB checks

Flop: (t300) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 players)
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="red">CO bets t300</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>

UTG (t900)
UTG+1 (t505)
MP1 (t1570)
MP2 (t1615)
CO (t1770)
Button (t405)
SB (t295)
Hero (t940)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t100</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP2 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Flop: (t275) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">UTG+1 bets t100</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t405</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t305 (All-in)</font>

Turn: (t1085) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1085) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1570)
UTG+1 (t1615)
MP1 (t2350)
CO (t405)
Button (t270)
Hero (t890)
BB (t900)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t100</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

UTG (t1690)
UTG+1 (t2350)
MP1 (t405)
CO (t270)
Hero (t865)
SB (t850)
BB (t1570)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO bets t270 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, BB calls t220

Flop: (t565) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t565) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t565) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

UTG (t2350)
UTG+1 (t405)
MP1 (t565)
Hero (t865)
Button (t825)
SB (t1300)
BB (t1690)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t800</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t405 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1280) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t1280) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1280) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t50 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t565)
Hero (t865)
CO (t825)
Button (t1275)
SB (t1640)
BB (t2830)

yes I know this was a horibble call PF

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, Hero calls t50, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t250</font>, Hero calls t250

Flop: (t625) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">BB bets t600</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

Hero (t565)
UTG+1 (t825)
CO (t1275)
Button (t1615)
SB (t3155)
BB (t565)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, SB calls t25, BB checks

UTG (t825)
UTG+1 (t1275)
CO (t1615)
Button (t3205)
SB (t515)
Hero (t565)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t100</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, Hero calls t50

Flop: (t225) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)
<font color="red">Hero bets t465 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">UTG folds</font>

Good, bad, ugly?

UTG (t1275)
UTG+1 (t1615)
CO (t3205)
Button (t490)
Hero (t690)
BB (t725)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t1615)
UTG+1 (t3205)
CO (t490)
Hero (t665)
SB (t750)
BB (t1275)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t300</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

UTG (t3205)
UTG+1 (t490)
Hero (t665)
Button (t700)
SB (t1175)
BB (t1765)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 bets t490 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

UTG (t640)
Hero (t665)
CO (t700)
Button (t1125)
SB (t1665)
BB (t3205)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG+1 with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t300</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Hero (t665)
UTG+1 (t850)
CO (t1125)
Button (t1615)
SB (t3105)
BB (t640)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to t325</font>, <font color="red">Button raises to t1615 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to t540 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>

Flop: (t2630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t2630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t2630) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

PartyPoker, Big Blind is t100 (5 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t850)
UTG+1 (t800)
CO (t2630)
Button (t3055)
Hero (t665)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>, CO calls t100, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, Hero checks

Flop: (t200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets t100</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

UTG (t2730)
CO (t3055)
Hero (t565)
SB (t850)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero bets t565 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

I didn't miss this one $EV Diff. +0.6%

UTG (t3055)
Hero (t715)
Button (t800)
SB (t700)
BB (t2730)

Preflop: Hero is in CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="red">UTG raises to t400</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Hero (t715)
CO (t800)
Button (t650)
SB (t2630)
BB (t3205)

Preflop: Hero is in UTG with 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">Hero folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Button bets t650 (All-in)</font>, SB calls t600, <font color="gray">BB folds</font>

Flop: (t1400) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t1400) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1400) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

CO (t800)
Button (t3380)
SB (t3105)
Hero (t715)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to t350</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

CO (t3380)
Button (t3205)
Hero (t615)
BB (t800)

Preflop: Hero is in SB with 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero bets t565 (All-in)</font>, BB calls t515

Flop: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

Turn: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)

River: (t1230) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 players)

So what do I wrong in this SnG....Play KJs OOP [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]