Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 PM

Default Seeing monsters

PFR isn't too special but is somewhat LAG--43/13/1.4 after about sixty. The guy that's betting into me on the flop is not-so-somewhat LAG and was bordering on a 5AF for a while--I'm rather surprised he bet out actually as he's checkraised me about half the hands I've been in.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Was mulling a PF raise to try to buy the button but A6s seemed a little weak for it--Pedro can laugh at me now.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...

Oh boy. All right, there's a couple ways we can go from here. I could raise flat out and try to thin the field, as this is a pretty connected board. However if I call I rather expect the Button to raise his overcards/PP, doing the same thing--then I 3-bet/cap when it comes around to me. I really dont want to let the rest of the field to profitably call for gutshots and whatever though (OESDs and flush draws oviously aren't folding, so I'm looking to be able to cap for value from them anyway). Which way to San Jose?
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Seeing monsters

There's no guarantee that button raises with his overs, so I would do it for him. Then I would cap if I had the chance.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:50 PM

str and fls draw isnt folding 2 on the flop here.

[ QUOTE ]
PFR isn't too special but is somewhat LAG--43/13/1.4 after about sixty. The guy that's betting into me on the flop is not-so-somewhat LAG and was bordering on a 5AF for a while--I'm rather surprised he bet out actually as he's checkraised me about half the hands I've been in.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Was mulling a PF raise to try to buy the button but A6s seemed a little weak for it--Pedro can laugh at me now.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero...

Oh boy. All right, there's a couple ways we can go from here. I could raise flat out and try to thin the field, as this is a pretty connected board. However if I call I rather expect the Button to raise his overcards/PP, doing the same thing--then I 3-bet/cap when it comes around to me. I really dont want to let the rest of the field to profitably call for gutshots and whatever though (OESDs and flush draws oviously aren't folding, so I'm looking to be able to cap for value from them anyway). Which way to San Jose?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-29-2006, 12:51 PM

raise
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nor do you want them to. You have plenty of outs to improve to a boat even if they do hit their straight or flush. There's a lot of equity to be had.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:52 PM

Call the flop, raise the turn on a blank. Flush and straight draws aren't going anywhere and this maniac will probably bet the turn too.
The pot is big enough to care, and I remember a chapter in SSHE about your equity changing on the turn drastically in hands like this, enough to exploit the edge further than you could on the flop.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:53 PM

I wanted to be first in, but had to search for Iggy's fabulous prose:

Use your Raising Rock.

(I'm going to see if I can't work up a graphic to go with this.)
Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the flop, raise the turn on a blank. Flush and straight draws aren't going anywhere and this maniac will probably bet the turn too.
The pot is big enough to care, and I remember a chapter in SSHE about your equity changing on the turn drastically in hands like this, enough to exploit the edge further than you could on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, not here. Yeah, the flush or straight might hit on the turn, and it might not. But you have as many outs to improve as either a flush or OESD, giving you equal equity with those hands, but you're ahead. Hit it and keep hitting it until you're UI on the river and both the straight and flush are on the board, and then hope you only have to call one on the rvier.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gutshots like 89 should fold here if they're looking at calling two, especially if the LAG looks crazy enough to make it more. Raising will protect (or get oodles of cash) against those.

OESDs and flush draws of course aren't going to fold, but I'm making way more money from them then they are from me--hell, I've even got almost 60% equity against 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]; he could flip his cards over and I'd raise. They won't fold, and frankly I don't want them to, but it'd be pretty cool if we could make them call four.

As it happened, I went all fancy-pants and called. Naturally the button just called, naturally the turn was a diamond, but unnaturally no one had da flush and my hand was good for once. Rock.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM

I raise the flop. I love to watch these people take their overcards to the river for lots of bets.