Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 AM

Default Live situation hitting on a button raise.

My reads: Villain will not bet the draw on the flop 99% of the time, he will protect AJ and a set leading, he is fairly tight pre-flop so two-pair is very very unlikely, the turn check seems weak but he is the tricky clueless kinda guy cause he don't think about what I have before checking a set or something.

For me the real question here is, do I want to play this top two pair for my stack against a guy who will never get fancy with a draw?

Hero ($2500)
SB ($2400)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">Action folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to 80</font>, SB calls 70, BB Folds.

Flop: ($52) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB bets $300, Hero calls.

Pot ($780)

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $500</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $2100</font>,<font color="#CC3333">Hero calls and is all-in </font>.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 AM

Default Re: Live situation hitting on a button raise.

He shows you 77 and you lose.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:11 PM

6x the pot. what a redic overbet. unless he is really a maniac and i have seem him do this with crap i can fold the flop w/o much worry
Old 06-29-2006, 12:16 PM

Given this:

[ QUOTE ]
My reads: Villain will not bet the draw on the flop 99% of the time, he will protect AJ and a set leading, he is fairly tight pre-flop so two-pair is very very unlikely

[/ QUOTE ]

The flop is a clear fold.

Regards,

Fin
Old 06-29-2006, 01:19 PM

The table is pretty wild and the normal bet is an overbet. the standard raise preflop was 150 and the bet on the flop was like 2 times the pot, the values are really twisted.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
6x the pot. what a redic overbet. unless he is really a maniac and i have seem him do this with crap i can fold the flop w/o much worry

[/ QUOTE ]

grimm youre retarded, hero raised pf to 80
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The table is pretty wild and the normal bet is an overbet. the standard raise preflop was 150 and the bet on the flop was like 2 times the pot, the values are really twisted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, I misread the pot size on flop also. In that case flop call is fine, as is turn bet, but I think you have to fold to the all-in without some history of villain making big semibluffs. Actually, I don't know what tricky clueless means exactly, maybe you have to call. lol.

Regards,

Fin