Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 12:44 AM

Default Bottom set on 3-flush flop

Villain is tight player who I haven't seen get out of line thus far. This turn look like a good push?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($71.95)
UTG ($264.45)
Hero ($233.25)
CO ($239.73)
Button ($189.06)
SB ($204.85)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls $8, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB (poster) calls $7, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($26) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $22</font>, Hero calls $22, CO folds.

Turn: ($70) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $35</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero pushes for $175</font>
Old 06-29-2006, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Bottom set on 3-flush flop

His half-pot gay bet on turn bothers me. Is it for value with made hand? Is it a terrible attempt to protect a marginal hand? Is it to milk you while he laughs looking at his kc-qc? Got any post flop reads on wtf this turn bet means? I usually don't see tags half potting turn so I really don't know what to think. I guess I'm gonna have to say need more info if you have it. I'm not advocating a fold at all. I'm wondering what he can call with here on turn other than made flush and maaaaaaaybe a-9. I think if you raise the flop he'd be more willing to get his chips in with Ax-Kc or Ax-Qc or even some wierd crap like 10c-Js. I think to get full value out of this hand you gotta raise the flop.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:04 AM

Default Re: Bottom set on 3-flush flop

Villain calls a pre-flop raise and one call from OOP, so betting the flop as first to act represents that he can beat any pair of aces. I think, more often than not, that this is 2 pair trying to price out the flush draws. I like this turn push. Reason being, if a club falls on the river, it will scare you. Even worse, it will scare Villain. That scenario kills any value you might be able to extract at the river.

You're ahead of Villain at the turn in most cases, so might as well get the money in before a river card kills the action. Against a made flush, you still have 10 outs to the boat+ on the river.