Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 10:40 AM

Default 88- I\'m bad at making up titles.

UTG is an 84/0/1 over about 50 hands. He peels extremely light on the Flop, I had yet to see him fold a flop HU yet. multiway maybe a couple.

CO is 23/14/2-ish I can't remember his exact stats but I have played with him on many occasions. He doesn't fall too far from normal ABC.

It might be important to note that I have been isolation raising UTG for a solid hour and a half with a pretty loose set of hands and have been getting decent fold action. I think CO is aware enough to notice (and is probably pretty sick of it by now).

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

My actions here are by far the reasons I posted this hand.
Turn: (6.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

River: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>...

Final Pot: 9.75 BB
Old 06-28-2006, 10:48 AM

Default Re: 88- I\'m bad at making up titles.

Considering the turn was checked, I think teh river bet is a decent value bet. CO might look you up with an A, which he almost certainly would check behind in a 3-way protected pot.

The turn is tough, we have crappy position and CO has been very aggressive thus far. I thought you could safely B/F the turn, but I would probably check behind as well. Had you bet the turn &amp; both UTG and CO called, I'm not sure whether a C/F or B/F is best on the river, but I would lean more towards a C/F. If CO called and UTG folded I would c/c the river.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:51 AM

I'd probably check/raise the flop. You can trust a 3 bet by him to mean you're toast and either fold or peel for your 2 outer. I don't want them getting a free look at the river for one SB each.

If I was fairly sure CO would fire the turn with his AK/AJ I wouldn't mind your line, but you peeling the flop on this dry board after he 3 bets should send warning signals to him, the only possible overcards are AK and you might cap those PF.

Edit: Actually, I probably would've played it the same as you during play, I just think check/raising the flop could be better, and hopefully seeing the turn get checked through hasn't influenced my decision. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2006, 11:01 AM

weird hand.

I'd go ahead and just bet the turn. that flop is so dry there is no way in hell CO is betting a worse hand after you overcalled the flop.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:02 AM

How about betting the flop. It's pretty ragged so there's a good chance you're ahead but you're pretty vulnerable. CO could have a higher PP but if he's bet into he can't like it very much if he's got JJ-99. As you played it I think the turn and river action is OK. The river's you pretty much have to call if CO bets here so you're better off betting.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:04 AM

Regarding a flop CR: I thought about this for a split second but thought against it. I'm not necessarily sure where I stand yet with CO, he certainly would bet here with anything he raised PF, so If I am ahead here, it is likely VS 2 OCs. Who knows about UTG except the fact that he is seeing the Turn regardless of what I do. I thought adding an extra 1.5 BBs here might be enough leverage for CO to see the river with UI overcards if I decided to bet there, and might adversely effect my ability to get value on my hand later.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:16 AM

I'd probably just donk/fold the turn - an ABC's reaction to a turn bet ought to be honest. Also, you minimize your losses this way when behind, which appeals to me when I'm running bad.

After some thought though, I like a flop checkraise because when you trap 2 players on this board, a Tag will immediately put you on a Q and probably fold AJ right there on the flop if he's any good. If he 3bets in a protect pot you're toast.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a Tag will immediately put you on a Q and probably fold AJ right there on the flop if he's any good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't feel confident that he would fold to 1 more bet with any 2 OCs to my 8's. He may not see a showdown if say, he has AJ, Turns a Jack but doesn't improve, but I believe he will be seeing the Turn for 1 more bet.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:30 AM

I think the main disadvantage of check/raising the flop vs donking the turn is that he might wait to raise the turn when he has a good hand, so we'd lose ~.5BB more in this particular case, also when he has 99-JJ he won't be 3 betting the flop so we also lose about .5BB there, but that is assuming he always sees the river if we check/raise the flop:

Some advantages to check/raising are getting him to fold AJ immediately, and I think he's more likely to fold AK on the turn if we check/raise the flop, and also is more likely to fold something like 99.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:33 AM

Yeah he might call anyway because people call 1 back to them on the flop. But still, you could induce more bad folds on the turn with overcards that would've called a random turn donk. AK would have to be thinking about reverse domination pwnage.