Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 03:49 AM

Default I must suck for not knowing exactly what to do here

SB is unknown in this hand. Hasn't done anything crazy in the 20 or so hands that we had played together at this point.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $15/$30
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, SB calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3.5BB, 2 players)
SB checks. Hero?

Also, suppose we bet and are called or we check through and the river is an offsuit king?
Old 06-28-2006, 03:52 AM

Default Re: I must suck for not knowing exactly what to do here

Check the turn, call the river.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:42 AM

bet. why are we worried about a check raise? we can fold to the check raise because it is unlikely to be a bluff. when we have the best hand on the turn, he expects you to have the JJJ or better, a bluff is not likely enough to make calling down profitable. so it is an easy fold. however, there are hands that we are ahead of that will call the turn bet trying to beat us: flushdraws or a T or 9 with some straight draw as well. a T with a better kicker will be calling sometimes as well but still i think a bet is good and also makes the hand easy to play. one thought is that he would check raise the turn with a straight, and folding your hand with many outs would be unfortunate. but given the action so far a small straight possibility still is not enough to make folding to a check raise worrisome.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yuck. a free card on the drawy board is a bad idea imo. if you're gonna put another bet in, make it on the turn and then check the river.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:49 AM

Don't always assume the worst. Assume the average of hands he might have. I assume it was trip jacks that scared you, but on that flop, many players will bet draws or middle pair, especially short-handed. Remember, he didn't reraise your flop bet so he's not THAT crazy about his hand.

I think to miss a bet on the turn is costly. Aside from trip jacks, he could have an array of other hands that moderately hit the flop, and the good thing is, with most of these hands he has to call another bet to see the river.

If you bet and he checkraises, now you have some sweating to do. But not until then.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:29 AM

Bet the turn, and it's an easy fold to a raise against most opponents &amp; unknowns.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:49 AM

This is very bad spot to not bet the turn.
There is a crapload of hands we are getting value from and the chances we get bluffed off the best hand are slim. (Even if it happens once in a while the pot is small enough to not care about it.) A free card may hurt us bad, but we very rarely beat a hand we are behind on the turn by getting ourselves one.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the turn, and it's an easy fold to a raise against most opponents &amp; unknowns.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-28-2006, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yuck. a free card on the drawy board is a bad idea imo. if you're gonna put another bet in, make it on the turn and then check the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im retarded again, I thought the turn was a Qc not the Jc. I thought there were 4 to a straight on the board. With the Jack hitting, this is an easy turn bet.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:19 PM

Maybe I am slow today - or slower than normal......why exactly would we be folding our full house to a turn check raise??????