Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2006, 02:12 AM

Default HSP, June 26

Is Phil Laak just a tight player or is he itimidated by the stakes. He's won big, but IMHO he would have won a lot more if he opened up his game a little.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: HSP, June 26

[ QUOTE ]
Is Phil Laak just a tight player or is he itimidated by the stakes. He's won big, but IMHO he would have won a lot more if he opened up his game a little.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the TV hands, I think he's played very well.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

an intimidated tourny pro would have made a big raise on that turn with his set of 6's, if not on the flop.

what makes you think he was intimidated, making a quick laydown when his TT became second best?
Old 06-27-2006, 02:59 AM

That was a fun episode to watch...and what is daniel jeering mike for that last call? he blew 4x as much v laak
Old 06-27-2006, 03:06 AM

very good episode. this season of HSP has been great. i cringed in pain for sammy when daniel picked off his bluff with 10-7s on the river and the whole table started laughing. that was just brutal lol.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:08 AM

from watching him play on various 'Live at the Bike' episodes, i'd say he's a fairly tight cash NL player, even at lower stakes than we're watching on HSP.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
very good episode. this season of HSP has been great. i cringed in pain for sammy when daniel picked off his bluff with 10-7s on the river and the whole table started laughing. that was just brutal lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sammy's face after Daniel started singing "Sammy's got nothin..." was absolutely priceless. He sooooo looked like a kid who got his hand caught up a dress, you could see it clearly in his eyes.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
from watching him play on various 'Live at the Bike' episodes, i'd say he's a fairly tight cash NL player, even at lower stakes than we're watching on HSP.

[/ QUOTE ]

laak talked about his strategy on LATB...basically stating he wants to get in cheap preflop and push huge edges postflop to win large pots, rather than push his edges pre and take down smaller ones

there was one hand where he limp/called with QQ...flop came J high and he folded to a single bet

guess he was playing QQ for set value?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:27 AM

I still feel like Laak is the 2nd worst player at the table to Chamanara... maybe third to Harman now that she's at the table. You can definitely tell from the first season that limit HE is her thing.

(When I say worst I strictly mean at this NL side game.)
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 AM

I thought Laak's 66 hand was the best hand of the night. Daniel's one of the best if not the best at reading hands and he had absolutely no clue what Laak had. If Laak plays that any other way he doesn't get paid off.