Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Seattle 2+2\'er Gettogether : WTF Trip Report

Hey guys,

So a few of us in the Seattle area decide to get together last night for some poker and beer. Dids, Entity and his roomie Aaron, TNXPoker, and me and my roomie Seth all meet up for some Chinese in the U District. And despite the fact that Ent sucks at giving out directions (left != right, btw) we all managed to get there at ~the same time and talk them into sliding a few tables together for us. So some awesome food, a few beers, and a lot of laughs later we all head back over to Ent's place for some of the texas hold them.

As the night goes on, the game kind of takes a detour from the hold them and we end up playing all kinds of crazy games. Double flop Omaha, Padooki, Triple flop hold them, and even one hand of some variation of stud that Ent wants us to play. He kind of made it up as he went I think, 'cause he seemed to not know wtf was going on and one of the rules he remembered halfway thru the hand involved anybody who folds having to remove an article of clothing. In his defense, he was pretty drunk by this point.

So anyway, the night goes on and we are all having a fun time and getting kind of tipsy, but the game is staying friendly throughout. Then this one hand takes place that makes me do a huge wtf. We're playing triple flop Omaha high, I'm in the SB, Ent is in the BB. Somehow it is miraculously folded around to me (first time this has happened all night). I look at some [censored] hand like J832 and decide I dont' really want to play it and would rather we just move on to another fun game. So I tell Ent that we're chopping. Even though I realize that deciding to chop based on the strength of your hand is usually a no-no, I really didn't think it'd be a big deal here since we're all having fun. But Ent apparently disagrees for he absolutely refuses to let me pull my blind back, even after a logical explaination by me. Now, I'm kind of starting to trip out a little now. WTF is going on here??? Is he seriously NOT going to let me pull my SB back in a FRIENDLY HOME GAME??!! Does anybody else ANYWHERE agree with Ent on this one???

Anyway, we ended up arguing over this for a good 5 or 10 minutes. We both started to get a little heated and using hand gestures and such, so we both had our hands laying on the felt. Now I always protect my hand just out of habit, but apparently Ent does not 'cause I look down and BOOOOOMM there is his hand just sitting in front of him unprotected. So since he seems to want to be a HUGE rule nit tonight and make a huge fuss out of what should be an obvious friendly chopping situation, I decided to give him a little taste of his own medicine. I grab my cards and say, "Fine, have it your way," and pick up my cards and muck them right on top of his. HA! Now BOTH our cards are mucked. And not only our they both mucked, but his were mucked before mine since they lay at the bottom of the muck pile. BOOM! So I go to reach for his BB to take it into my stack, something which he takes great offense to. I carefully explain to him the logic behind it, but he seems very adamant that this is not correct and we end up getting into a pretty heated and long argument about it.

So anyway, what started out as a fun night of poker with friends was quickly turned into a dumb night of bickering, largely in part to our very own Entity. Let this be a lesson to all of you who are quick to start verbal wars at the table.

GoT
Old 12-31-2005, 06:07 PM

Default Re: Seattle 2+2\'er Gettogether : WTF Trip Report

I win.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hey guys,

So a few of us in the Seattle area decide to get together last night for some poker and beer. Dids, Entity and his roomie Aaron, TNXPoker, and me and my roomie Seth all meet up for some Chinese in the U District. And despite the fact that Ent sucks at giving out directions (left != right, btw)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, The 48 goes to Rob's house, the 48 express does not. Does Rob share with this me? No. Way to make the fat guy walk 15 blocks.

[ QUOTE ]

and even one hand of some variation of stud that Ent wants us to play. He kind of made it up as he went I think, 'cause he seemed to not know wtf was going on and one of the rules he remembered halfway thru the hand involved anybody who folds having to remove an article of clothing. In his defense, he was pretty drunk by this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

"STUDmaha" thankfully I won.

[ QUOTE ]

So anyway, the night goes on and we are all having a fun time and getting kind of tipsy, but the game is staying friendly throughout. Then this one hand takes place that makes me do a huge wtf. We're playing triple flop Omaha high, I'm in the SB, Ent is in the BB. Somehow it is miraculously folded around to me (first time this has happened all night). I look at some [censored] hand like J832 and decide I dont' really want to play it and would rather we just move on to another fun game. So I tell Ent that we're chopping. Even though I realize that deciding to chop based on the strength of your hand is usually a no-no, I really didn't think it'd be a big deal here since we're all having fun. But Ent apparently disagrees for he absolutely refuses to let me pull my blind back, even after a logical explaination by me. Now, I'm kind of starting to trip out a little now. WTF is going on here??? Is he seriously NOT going to let me pull my SB back in a FRIENDLY HOME GAME??!! Does anybody else ANYWHERE agree with Ent on this one???

Anyway, we ended up arguing over this for a good 5 or 10 minutes. We both started to get a little heated and using hand gestures and such, so we both had our hands laying on the felt. Now I always protect my hand just out of habit, but apparently Ent does not 'cause I look down and BOOOOOMM there is his hand just sitting in front of him unprotected. So since he seems to want to be a HUGE rule nit tonight and make a huge fuss out of what should be an obvious friendly chopping situation, I decided to give him a little taste of his own medicine. I grab my cards and say, "Fine, have it your way," and pick up my cards and muck them right on top of his. HA! Now BOTH our cards are mucked. And not only our they both mucked, but his were mucked before mine since they lay at the bottom of the muck pile. BOOM! So I go to reach for his BB to take it into my stack, something which he takes great offense to. I carefully explain to him the logic behind it, but he seems very adamant that this is not correct and we end up getting into a pretty heated and long argument about it.

So anyway, what started out as a fun night of poker with friends was quickly turned into a dumb night of bickering, largely in part to our very own Entity. Let this be a lesson to all of you who are quick to start verbal wars at the table.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm yeah... booze is bad. I'm staying out of this one... kinda wish you hadn't decided to share this part with everybody, 'cause basically you both were retards.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:18 PM

Never disrespect a guy in his own home game. IMO.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:28 PM

I really shouldn't be posting right now because I'm still pretty [censored] pissed about this whole thing.

First of all, I had definitely had a bit too much to drink. But I was still nothing compared to Bright. I can't believe you drove home. I don't give a [censored] about you but if you killed someone else the rest of us would have that on our heads for the rest of our [censored] lives. [censored].

Anyway. The night started off really well. Chinese was good @ Judy Fu's. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Hunan Pork 4 star spiciness. Head back to my place. Everyone's cool. We had been playing for a while when things started to get kinda [censored]. At this point I think most of us had been drinking a bit, but no one was really all that [censored] up. Brighten starts chanting about wanting more booze but the only place near by is a small organic grocery store, and they close at 11. So basically we're [censored]. I offer him some Peppermint Shnapps or some Triple Sec but he declines. He heads into the kitchen while we're playing Padooki and comes back out a minute later with a bottle of wine, and he's taking swigs straight from it.

That's when I started to get pretty pissed. I had been saving that bottle for a special occasion for my g/f and I, who just bought a new house in Ballard. Not only did he not ask if it was cool ([censored] $100 bottle of wine), but he scoured through our cabinets on a boozerun rather than just dealing with the fact that his buzz was going to have to end. Complete lack of [censored] courtesy.

There was some more [censored] later on, but basically I was steaming for the rest of the night. I'm sure he was too drunk to notice, but he started doing a whole bunch of [censored] that generally bugs me at the table (slowrolled a scoop in a huge PLO8 pot against Aaron, which really pissed me off). Later this hand comes up and he [censored] accuses me of being a nit.

[censored] you dude. Home games are supposed to be fun, but you can't just do whatever the [censored] you want.

Rob
Old 12-31-2005, 07:15 PM

WGAF. Dids had to walk 15 blocks to eat good Chinese food. This is the true crying shame. No man should have to walk that far for good eastern cuisine. NO ONE.

Old 12-31-2005, 07:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He heads into the kitchen while we're playing Padooki and comes back out a minute later with a bottle of wine, and he's taking swigs straight from it.

That's when I started to get pretty pissed. I had been saving that bottle for a special occasion for my g/f and I, who just bought a new house in Ballard. Not only did he not ask if it was cool ([censored] $100 bottle of wine), but he scoured through our cabinets on a boozerun rather than just dealing with the fact that his buzz was going to have to end. Complete lack of [censored] courtesy.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty bad. Not sure how I'd have handled that situation short of booting someone out.

b
Old 12-31-2005, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
WGAF. Dids had to walk 15 blocks to eat good Chinese food. This is the true crying shame. No man should have to walk that far for good eastern cuisine. NO ONE.

[/ QUOTE ]

poor dids [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2005, 07:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He heads into the kitchen while we're playing Padooki and comes back out a minute later with a bottle of wine, and he's taking swigs straight from it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty bad. Not sure how I'd have handled that situation short of booting someone out.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

i am almost postive how i would have handled it.

GoT, i am amazed you had the balls to post this. this sounds like an evening i would prefer to have as few people possible know about.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

GoT, i am amazed you had the balls to post this. this sounds like an evening i would prefer to have as few people possible know about.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um, did you not read my OP at ALL??? Ent was obv in the wrong here, and he has refused to admit it and apologize both at the time and continues to refuse to do so even now. This is [censored] ridiculous.

GoT