Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 05:58 PM

Default AKo in the BB facessteal attempt and then raise on flop.

I have about 215 hands on villian who is 24/15/1.5. Stealing blinds about 21. Do I lead the turn and fold to a raise, check and call a bet, or check and fold to a bet?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K, A.
[color=#666666]3 folds</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, [color=#CC3333]Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) 4, 3, J [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets</font>, [color=#CC3333]Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.16 BB) 7 [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
Hero....
Old 06-26-2006, 06:07 PM

Default Re: AKo in the BB facessteal attempt and then raise on flop.

check/fold
Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM

You three-bet from the BB, which to most TAGs will look stronger than 3-betting from the SB. Plus this villain doesn't steal that much. If villain has A3 or A4, you're down to 3 outs. If villain has a J or a PP, you still don't have enough pair outs to call the turn. You might still be ahead of a flush draw, or an aggressively played AT but if you call here, you have to call a non-club river and I don't think it's worth investing two more bets in.

I'd c/f the turn.

edit: said "spade" when I meant "club"
Old 06-27-2006, 07:34 PM

What kind of experience have you had with him this session? This plays a big role... What is his image of "YOU".

If his image is that your also a TAG and you two haven't gotten into any mindless pissing matches I think I'm looking to check/fold the turn.

He's raising with the top 21% of his hands. These aren't garbage.

I think he's raising the flop here with any pp, two [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s, AJ,KJ,QJ,TJ,J9,AK, and sometimes AQ with his overcards.

The only hand you'd like him to have here is AQ. AK we're chopping with. [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]'s he's adequately drawing out on you with. Checking the turn and having him check behind you often means he's on that draw. So I like a turn check and those times Villain takes that option I'm committed now to SD.

Aside from him being on a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw, we're only getting 3.5:1 to get to showdown if he bets the turn. I think we're in a losing battle here.

I check/fold the turn and make a quick note of your experience with him when attempting to defend your blinds.

-Caddy