Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 01:27 PM

Default Hands to cap preflop

Let's say villains raises about 7-10% preflop (of course they reraise less) and are reasonable good postflop.

1. You're OOP HU vs a reraiser. Which hands do you cap except for the more obvious ones (AA-QQ and AKs)?

2. You act behind a raiser and a reraiser. Which hands do you cap (except for the obvious AA-QQ, AKs, AK)? Are you calling any hand?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:29 PM

Default Re: Hands to cap preflop

[ QUOTE ]
Loc: 1/2 -> 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, 1/2 -> .25/.50 if you're seriously asking this question.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:08 PM

1)
2a)I'm not capping AK, probably not AKs either.
2b)I may call JJ or TT in certain situations.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you only cap QQ, KK, AA? That seems like a pretty small range. What if you are on the button with AKs, UTG (weak-tight) raises, MP3 (idiot, real tool, a raise means he has two cards) 3-bets? You are just going to call? You're going to fold?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:32 PM

I'm always going to cap AKs/AK PF. Especially AKs, it's pretty unthinkable to not do so. Capping PF for one more bet normally gives you more options on post-flop play as well.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Loc: 1/2 -> 2/4

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, 1/2 -> .25/.50 if you're seriously asking this question.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I can add a hand or two that I don't cap today. I havn't actually given this much thought.

I'm a winner at all limits I've played, but I also feel "lost" in many preflop situations even though this one isn't the biggest problem.

Generally I don't cap AKo OOP unless I opened in something like MP3 and villains range of hands is bigger. Also, I've seen people recommend calling with JJ in situation 2 instead of raising which maybe could be good.

Which hands do you cap in these situations?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)

[/ QUOTE ]

So you only cap QQ, KK, AA? That seems like a pretty small range. What if you are on the button with AKs, UTG (weak-tight) raises, MP3 (idiot, real tool, a raise means he has two cards) 3-bets? You are just going to call? You're going to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say villains raises about 7-10% preflop (of course they reraise less) and are reasonable good postflop.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the information we have been given. Additional reads may change things, but this is my general game plan for this thread.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is the information we have been given. Additional reads may change things, but this is my general game plan for this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what "reasonably good" means. Does it mean he'll fold KK on an ace high board? QQ on a K high board? Will he let go of AK when he misses on the turn? What is this persons 3-betting range? How much tighter does your capping range have to be than his 3-betting range?
Old 06-26-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I havn't actually given this much thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's pretty insulting to us, now isn't it? But, this only adds to my point, to-wit: if you're trying to get people to give you hard-and-fast rules about what hands you should be capping preflop, based on the information you gave us, then you really don't understand anything about preflop play, and very little about limit poker, and should be considering staying at lower limits until you've solved these problems.

And, kerowo, stop being a dick. It's not a very good question, he's only trying to answer it in the spirit it was asked.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And, kerowo, stop being a dick. It's not a very good question, he's only trying to answer it in the spirit it was asked.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so going in my blog you big meany!