Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 10:07 AM

Default Armstrong the Juicer?

The accusations keep piling up regarding Lance Armstrong's use of performance-enhancing drugs. Within the last couple days a French newspaper published claims by the wife of a former Armstrong teammate that Lance had admitted to a doctor he used a blood boosting hormone and other drugs prior to his brain surgery in '96. Greg Lemond has come out and said Lance threatened his life and he was forced to testify in a legal dispute(Lance won it), one in which he was seeking his $5 million Tour de France bonus from 2004(was withheld due to allegations of cheating). Any cyclists or people very familiar with the sport with an opinion as to what the heck is going on? I respect the heck out of the guy, would be a shame with all his adamant denials if he was in fact a doper. All these anti-Lance reports seem to originate in France, is it because they can't stand the guy or cycling is so big over there they are happy to feed the negative Lance speculation?
Old 06-26-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Armstrong the Juicer?

Apparently Lance had a serious falling out with this latest accuser, so I question how seriously to take her claims. It seems like something has to be up, just because of the rampant allegations and suspicions, but he has never tested positive, and has won every court battle. So what can you say?
Old 06-26-2006, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently Lance had a serious falling out with this latest accuser, so I question how seriously to take her claims. It seems like something has to be up, just because of the rampant allegations and suspicions, but he has never tested positive, and has won every court battle. So what can you say?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say the same thing about Barry Bonds.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:40 PM

No, Barry has admitted to using the Cream and the Clear. And the people who supplied it to him admitted that they and their clients knew it was steroids.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:48 PM

he rides a bike, who cares
Old 06-26-2006, 01:01 PM

No one is competitive in that sport without chemical enhancement. he hasn't tested for it, but they are good at beating the tests. Look at how entire teams of riders are suddenly outed, again and again, after passing tests for years. That's not how they get caught. You can give him the credit for winning b/c they all do it. But his righteousness is pretty questionable. I don't get outraged because I can't say I'm positive. I just ignore him.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one is competitive in that sport without chemical enhancement. he hasn't tested for it, but they are good at beating the tests. Look at how entire teams of riders are suddenly outed, again and again, after passing tests for years. That's not how they get caught. You can give him the credit for winning b/c they all do it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 PM

Does anybody else here think Lance is a huge douche? He just seems so self-righteous to me;I just cringe when I see all these advertisers, and the country in general, get down on its knees for this guy.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:04 PM

lol
Old 06-26-2006, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does anybody else here think Lance is a huge douche? He just seems so self-righteous to me;I just cringe when I see all these advertisers, and the country in general, get down on its knees for this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgive the self-righteousness. He does great charitable works and his story is awesome. He is an inspiration for many sick people.