Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 01:50 AM

Default Meeting people (read: girls) at a commuter college

I recently transferred to a commuter school near my hometown. For the past two years, I had gone to school in Chicago. I made a lot of friends, and had no trouble meeting people.

Now, however, I can't seem to find a way to meet anybody at this new school. FWIW, I have no friends at this new school, just an ex-girlfriend who I don't really talk to very often. Help me OOT!

Background info: I'm a 21 year old white male, average height and build, so I'm not like deformed or anything obvious like that.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Meeting people (read: girls) at a commuter college

Talk to ppl in your classes and ask questions / make comments in your classes. Talk to ppl while waiting in lines. Go to events etc. Buy a net.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:02 AM

I went to JUCO for 2 years, and I've got some bad news. You're not going to have alot of luck here. I had a group of "friends" at JUCO (read: the people who all came out to smoke in the same area everyday). The problem is that there is no social scene at these colleges. We were too young to go to bars, and primarily socialized with our respective hometown friends on the weekends. Most of us still lived with our parents, and often far from each other (I travel 20 min south to campus, they travel 20 min north, you get the idea). We all got along, but never made any effort to socialize other than the 5 minutes we were smoking between class.

I'm sure if you really want to meet girls, you'll be able to in class or something. You just can't wait for the typical "college life" moments that you'll find at other schools.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:03 AM

I live in the detroit area. What commuter college are you going to?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Now, however, I can't seem to find a way to meet anybody at this new school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Commuter college. Standard. Fold Preflop.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:19 AM

What everyone already said. Talk to people in classes. And you won't have a lot of luck meeting people.

Join clubs, organizations. Visit with sociable professors that you like, often you can meet people that way.

Basically, you're going to have to learn to be super outgoing and take some social risks. Just start going up to people you've talked to in class and asking if you can sit with them. Or ask if they want to do something. It doesn't hurt to target sociable people who might help you meet more people. Also, walk around with a rubber dildo hanging out of your pants. Make sure they can't see the duct tape holding it in place, that's embarrassing if they see the silver tape sticking out. You're an elephant if anyone asks.

Hope this helps,
slap my jack