Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2006, 06:23 AM

Default Do you think this guy is a bot?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, couldn't think of anywhere else better.

Okay, my roommate played a 4/180 on stars tonight, and got heads up with a guy we're pretty sure was a bot, at least for the endgame part of the tournament. Heres why;

On the final two tables, this happened;

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t1600 with t75 antes (7 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

UTG (t27608)
UTG+1 (t31160)
MP1 (t31800)
CO (t89699)
Button (t23642)
SB (t29603)
Hero (t36488)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">UTG folds</font>, <font color="red">UTG+1 raises to t15000</font>, <font color="gray">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="gray">Button folds</font>, <font color="gray">SB folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t36413 (All-in)</font>, <font color="gray">UTG+1 folds</font>

This is just one example. When he got heads up, his tendancies became really obvious. Every hand he raised would be to exactly 20xbb, sometimes he would limp and often he would fold (his button). When my roomate raised, he only reraised one time out of about 5, and it was always all-in. This is over a substantial number of heads up hands, eyeballing his HH I'd say about 60-80.

A couple examples;

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t3000 with t150 antes (2 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Button (t145776)
Hero (t124224)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Button calls t1500, Hero checks

Flop: (t6300) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">Button bets t30000</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t3000 with t150 antes (2 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

Button (t145776)
Hero (t124224)

Preflop: Hero is in BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Button raises to t60000</font>, <font color="gray">Hero folds</font>

So, based on this, what do you guys think? I'm kind of a file newb, otherwise I'd upload the entire HH for you guys.

Also, if you feel he is a bot, what do you think is the best way to report him such that support will take us seriously? I only ask because I imagine the term bot gets thrown around a lot to support.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:44 AM

Default Re: Do you think this guy is a bot?

Just email the abuse dept at stars and let them know his screen name. I think some other 2+2ers have done this and stars has taken it more seriously than other sites have.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:31 PM

Am I missing something here?
Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM

Just because raising 20x bb is weird it does'nt mean it's a bot. Weird plays isn't exactly rare among poker players.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You and me both.

So what I'm seeing is that sometimes he raised, sometimes he limped and sometimes he folded. And sometimes he reraised all-in.

?
Old 06-26-2006, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You and me both.

So what I'm seeing is that sometimes he raised, sometimes he limped and sometimes he folded. And sometimes he reraised all-in.

?

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading your in depth analysis I have concluded this is clearly .....

Well, I like tacos. I hope Im not a bot..
Old 06-26-2006, 10:54 AM

Okay, I'll add a little more.

It was not only that whenever he raised on the button that he raised to 20xbb, it was the speed that he did it. It was extreemly fast and he never made a mistake, going to exactly 20xbb every time.

Also, obviously he never chatted, even when asked to chat just to confirm he wasn't a bot.

Whenever he limped PF, which wasn't often, he would either bet 10xbb on the flop, or on the river. He was never raised when he limped.

I know individualy, these things might not make it look like this, but when you factor them all in it is certainly suspicious.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:11 AM

What were your chip stacks heads-up? If he has a lot more chips than you, he may have been implementing the 10:1 rule.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What were your chip stacks heads-up? If he has a lot more chips than you, he may have been implementing the 10:1 rule.

[/ QUOTE ]

As the two HU hands dictate, they were about even in chips.

He emailed support last night, and they responded with a seemingly automatic reply, stating something along the lines of 'We will let you now if any impending investigations turn anything up'.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:27 PM

Quick update-

Surprisingly, after an investigation, Stars determined he actually was a bot, closed his account and confinscated his funds.

Go figure.