Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 10:30 PM

Default top trips double paired board

OK I haven't been playing online much but I'm starting to enjoy Pokerstars. Table is somewhat passive. I haven't played much with either villain but neither of them is anything special. First one is somewhat passive, the second one I have seen overplay marginal hands and draws notably a big turn c/r with the turned Q high flush in a multiway pot against a LAG. I have been moderately active and I have bet a lot of flops especially when I was the raiser. How's my line and what do you do now?

Poker Stars
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $1/$2
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises to $15</font>, 2 folds, BB calls, 2 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($52, 3 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, hero checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($52, 3 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, hero...
Old 06-24-2006, 11:54 PM

Default Re: top trips double paired board

I would bet it and *probably* fold to a checkraise, and if called would check behind on the river or call a smallish bet perhaps. You just outran someone slowplaying a 5 on the flop and you shouldn't let that hand fill for free. No one is likely to bet if for you on the river if they don't fill.
Old 06-25-2006, 07:19 PM

Yep, I play the same.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:01 AM

Pot turn.

Pot the flop a lot too.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 AM

OK maybe I asked a silly question, if someone else put this hand up I would say the same, bet and probably fold to a raise, and sometimes bet the flop, and call it standard.

I figured here though worse hands won't call - a 5 is unlikely, a smaller Q is unlikely and there are no draws possible. Plus if I check behind now someone might look me up suspiciously on the river with something like KK.

I think this is bad though, KK has 4 outs against me and my passive opponents can easily have a 5 here (even with good/aggressive/tricky opponents this might also be true). A 5 has up to 10 outs and will probably call a bet now.

Results: A on river and I call a small bet from the first guy (I would also have called a big bet I expect) who has A5.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:53 AM

You're not playing QJTT to hit a QQx board. So long as you remember that, i'm sure you wont shove all your chips with just 5 outs to win the pot. You're either way ahead or way behind on boards like this and I would say that you're only going to win money by having someone bluff at you.