Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Default Turn action ; Safe TPTK facing c/r

Hey, not sure if i played this right... what whould you have done on the turn...did i play flop correct? Any feedback would be good !

10 way 1/2 NL on Pokershare(TAIN Network)

Hero in D, Villian UTG

Villan calls, 2 Folds, 2 calls, Hero Calls A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], SB complets, BB checks

Flop = 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
(pot $12)

Villan bets 9, 1 fold, 1 call, Hero raises 28, 2 fold, Villian calls 19, 1 call of 9(all in)
(pot $77)

Turn 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villian checks, Hero bets 41, Villian raise 79 (all in) Hero .....

WelshChip
Old 06-24-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Is this flop scary or good ?

what was the turn card?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:17 PM

fixed, 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 06-24-2006, 08:22 PM

Default Re: Turn action ; Safe TPTK facing c/r

Looks good to me. Hopefully villian doesn't have a 2! I don't think he would limp UTG with one though. Unless he has A2s which is possible. I think if he had a 2 he would push the flop. I'm thinking he had a 10. Although it is possible he limped an overpair looking to reraise preflop.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:24 PM

Generally I dont raise flops like this multiway; you should definetly not be playing this huge of a pot with your hand. I doubt your good here.
Old 06-24-2006, 09:22 PM

I think checking behind on the turn would make a lot of sense. Villain probably doesn't have a flush draw here with how he played it. Your hand isn't that strong so getting c/r sucks. The problem with checking behind is that you're likely to be facing an all-in bet on the river and you have to figure out what to do then. But at least you give yourself a chance to run down a 2 or an over pair if you're behind.

If you're going to bet, why not bet the pot and put villain all-in. Force him to make the decision.

I don't think you're good here very often and you're only getting 5:1 on your call. If you're not good you don't have odds to get there.

I think the correct play is a fold here unless we know something about villain that tells us he's crazy enough to c/r all-in with a flush draw on the turn on a paired board.

Isn't there a "theorem" on this board that says if your top pair gets raised on the turn you're no good?

~FishNChips
Old 06-24-2006, 09:35 PM

Villian has says he had a good hand by his lead on the flop, his call of your raise, and then his checkraise. I think we have to give him credit here and fold.

Thoughts?
Old 06-24-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Isn't there a "theorem" on this board that says if your top pair gets raised on the turn you're no good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Baluga theorem does not apply when villain has a decision where he can only push or fold. e.g., pot is 60 and he has 70 behind, you bet 40. Leaving himself with 30 into a pot of 140 is too stupid, so he raises or folds with worse hands.