Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 03:48 PM

Default 55- Should I have made a move somewhere.

Villain is 24/19/2.3. I'm not sure what his pf capping range is here being that it's a blind steal and he has position on me. I felt maybe I should have checkraised somewhere but was never all that confident I was ahead.

The river is probably the toughest decision here IMO.

PokerRoom 2/4 Hold'em (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5, 5.
1 fold[/i]</font>,Button raises</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, 1 fold[/i]</font>, Button caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (9 SB) T, 9, 3 2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 4 2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7.50 BB) K 2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button bets</font>, Hero....

Final Pot: 9.50 BB
Old 06-24-2006, 03:59 PM

Default Re: 55- Should I have made a move somewhere.

my two most common lines in this situation are:
1) check raise the flop (lead the turn if not 3-bet, make a fold/ call 3-bet-fold the turn UI decision if i am 3-bet)
or
2.) lead the flop, call a raise and donk the turn...

however w/ that being said i feel like my game needs some work in these situations... i if villain's statas are over a credible number of hands, his capping range is quite wide IMO... i'm intersted to see some other posts and responses to this, as i think i play this too aggro in a situation that i'm WA/WB...

either way, i think given how it was played out it's a must call on the river... for me that's actually the easiest decision of all levels given the prior action...
Old 06-24-2006, 04:10 PM

Given that he has 6 outs against you always, that really isn't WA/WB. Further, WA/WB really applies when your opponent will give up with his WB hands if you show more aggression but stick around with better ones. If he has AK/AQs here, that probably isn't the case.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:16 PM

i see, i see, thanks for clearing that up... any specific recommendations on how to handle this spot?
Old 06-24-2006, 04:23 PM

I wish. It sucks for a lot of reasons. Big among them is God only knows what his capping range is here. Some people cap just a bit light, others will cap anything they opened with, so I never know what kind of range to put them on.

The K is poison, but before that I like either the c/r/lead most of the time. Sometimes I'll c/c, lead, bet/call, lead, whatever, but I don't really have any particular reason, it denies a freebie to overs of which he has many. Whether you call a turn raise or fold there depends on how aggro he is. Like I said, the being OOp and stealiness of the hand make it tough regardless.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:34 PM

yeah, i think i typically dump a lot of chips in these spots... rather than wa/wb, it's more like slightly ahead, or way behind... tough spots... thanks for the answer though