Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 01:18 PM

Default 10/20 - 99 Multiway

I'm new to the table.

There are two standard party poker limpers, nothing out of the ordinary about them. You have 99 on the button and raise. SB, who is 30/12 3-bets and you see the flop four ways for 3 bets each.

Flop: AAA.

SB checks, both limpers check, hero bets, SB calls and one limper calls.

Turn: 6

SB checks, limper checks, hero... does what? and why?

All thoughts appreciate it - I'm really intersted in your thought process here.

edit: Just to be clear, I think my thought process is a little weak right now and that I probably am not thinking about these situations clearly. I am also unsure how best to analyze the hand after the fact (ie. now), so I'm very interesting in how you think about the hand before coming to your conclusion.

edit again: Also, what if it was just you and the SB on the turn? Would your action change? Why or why not?
Old 06-24-2006, 05:05 PM

Default Re: 10/20 - 99 Multiway

hmm, i think this s pretty interesting...

i think this is a bet and fold if you get c/r...

at this point ni the hand given the action you very likely have the best hand so you should bet in order to get some value out of possible lower pairs and to avoid giving free cards to a hand like KQ or QJ...the problem is that if you get raised i just don't see it happening from any hand that you beat and you have no outs if you are behind...
Old 06-24-2006, 05:49 PM

It is an easy fold to a c/r if you bet, but I almost think you don't even need to bet...it really feels like SB has you beat. I kinda like checking through to maybe induce a bluff and also since it's multiway it makes it less likely you are good. This same logic gives free cards though. If it was heads up I think you need to bet.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:38 PM

if villian doesn't have the ace, he defintly has an overpair. i think you are beat by him. i don't see him 3 betting from SB with anything less then AK, 1010+, especially with limpers in between. bet/fold, check/call?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if villian doesn't have the ace, he defintly has an overpair. i think you are beat by him. i don't see him 3 betting from SB with anything less then AK, 1010+, especially with limpers in between. bet/fold, check/call?

[/ QUOTE ]

he's 30/12 - his range is much higher than this. these guys play the cards - not the position or number of bets.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is an easy fold to a c/r if you bet, but I almost think you don't even need to bet...it really feels like SB has you beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell?

It's certainly possible that SB has Hero beat, but to say the "really feels like" bit after 3-bet / check / check is ridiculous. (Or is the Party 10-20 some bizarre parallel universe?)

I think it's mandatory to bet to get 6- and 3-out hands to fold... that a fold to a checkraise is often easy is gravy, not something that should deter a bet.

--Nate
Old 06-24-2006, 11:25 PM

Continuation Question: What do you do with a 99 or JJ or QQ when the turn is an Ace?
Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 AM

i would bet for value here. there are no cards that scare you and hurt your hand.

the only thing that has you beat is any ace, 10/10-KK, and I still dont think you can stop betting on this turn even though the SB made it 3-bets.

you have to bet to find out where you are in the hand.

also, SB could be check-calling you down with a bigger pair than 99 b/c hes afraid of you having a possible Ace, especially if you have a tight/solid image. it may end up saving you bets in the long run.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:27 PM

What about a broadway suited connector such as KQs?

pal
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM

I think to do anything other than bet this turn is a big mistake. Yes you may be beat, but you will have the best hand here also a reasonable portion of the time given the opponents stats., which would be a tragedy if you checked the turn. Even if you are check-raised on the turn, I would not fold automatically either without a read.

pal