Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Austin City Limits

I've come to the conclusion that this is simply one of the most consistently great shows of all time. And I don't mean just music shows, I mean any type of show. It's all the more remarkable because despite hosting all the different artists on stage, I have been thoroughly impressed nearly every single time.

I just watched Jason Mraz, and he was really good; whodathunkit. Stevie Ray had one of the best performances I've ever seen anywhere. Hell, even Clint Black blew me away, and I thought he was a total modern country cheeseball up until then. Who knew he could kick ass on so many instruments, including drums??? Widespread Panic was a great jam. I knew Eric Johnson could play and he did not disappoint, but John Mayer was a way better guitar player than I gave him credit for until I saw him on Austin City Limits.

It's like that show not only picks acts that really have a good live show, but it truly brings out the best in the performers.

Does anyone else watch this show?
Old 06-24-2006, 04:22 AM

Default Re: Austin City Limits

[ QUOTE ]
Stevie Ray had one of the best performances I've ever seen anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

No joke. I haven't watched Austin City Limits in a looong time, but Stevie Ray was a god with the guitar. My dad used to have a VCR recording of his ACL performance--we watched it all the time.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Austin City Limits

One with Dave Matthews and Emmylou Harris was cool. Also, I think I was introduced to Patty Griffin's "Top of the World" due to ACL.