Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2005, 04:32 PM

Default 20-40 hand with Per_Ensign

Heres a hand I just played that was interesting. I have 4200 hands on Per Ensign I assume a probable 2+2er, he is a 16-11 2.07 and plays a lot. His SD #'s are 38-54. I percieve him to be one of the best 20 or so players in the 20-40, although I have not played many hands vs him. Most of my data is from data mining.

So onto the hand. UTG limps he is a 66-16-0.78 the reason the game is very good. I do not know much more about him. Per Ensign is next and raises. I 3 bet 2 spots later with AQd. Everybody folds, and Per Caps. UH OH as my stats are 13-10 and i'm sure he knows this.

Flop comes 6c Ac 6d. Fish checks, Per bets, I raise, Fish calls 2 cold and Per calls.

Turn comes 5h. Now fish thinks for about 5 seconds and bets. Obviously a 6 is in his range here. Per thinks for about 2 seconds and calls. I call.

River 9h. Final Board 6c Ac 6d 5h 9h. Fish thinks for about 6 seconds and bets, Per speed calls and I think and fold. Yuk? Perfect? I dunno. Would it matter if I had AK instead of AQ?
Old 12-31-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: 20-40 hand with Per_Ensign

I would just call the flop hoping your clown UTG will hand around with some pocket pair.

The way you played it, I think a turn fold would be best. I don't see Per capping any aces worse than AQ and calling the flop raise after UTG calls two and calling a turn bet from UTG would be absurd for a smaller pair. I think its very likely has has AK here and was trying to check raise the turn to trap UTG again. However, when UTG bet out he probably decided he'd be too likely to lose a worse ace with a raise.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:06 PM

No way. The way you played it, you cannot fold anywhere in this hand. Per's hand is worse than yours, very likely KK. The fish could have a broad range of hands, though I wouldn't be surprised if he showed 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Anyway, preflop is fine and so is the flop raise (though it very much depends on how Per would play a pocket pair with a flopped A against you). Oh, and raise the turn. In my experience, it's very rare for a fish to play trips this way. His most likely hand is anything but that, perhaps a weak A, perhaps a draw he picked up, perhaps even a 5 that he's trying to scare others away with.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:16 PM

raise turn for value. i'd never fold the river for one bet. if per plays KK he's not as good as suggested.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:18 PM

Why are we giving this fish credit for understanding what a semi-bluff is? 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] is just one hand, too.

I can't see Per having KK here. A tight player raised an A66 flop after he capped and than another called two cold on that A66 flop. I think he's folding to the flop raise almost always. Now on the turn the fish bets out. How is KK ever good here?
Old 12-31-2005, 06:59 PM

why does per capping scare you so much? he could be doing it with AQ or TT as well as with hands that crush you. he could be value capping against the fish. and for this reason i think you have to call the river in case you're splitting the pot with him. QQ-KK also shows up on my radar when he calls the turn, but they are unlikely. i think he folds on the flop with either one against a 13/10.

a turn raise is probably optimal, unless the fish is really really spammy and might lead the river again. if you raise the turn it's the last bet you put in unless you're headsup with the fish on the river and he checks to you. i don't hate the turn call though.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why does per capping scare you so much? he could be doing it with AQ or TT as well as with hands that crush you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, no. Per is a good player, not an agrofish. Folding the turn is fine. Having made it to the river, you have to call.
Old 12-31-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Um, no. Per is a good player, not an agrofish. Folding the turn is fine. Having made it to the river, you have to call.

[/ QUOTE ]

good players don't sometimes cap in this spot preflop with AQs? maybe he thinks he can push the OP off his hand postflop
Old 12-31-2005, 07:46 PM

I don't know why everyone wants to show this down you seem to have a good handle on the guy and basic hand reading says we are screwed here. I think the turn is only close because you have some chopping outs and I think the river fold is good.

-DeathDonkey
Old 12-31-2005, 07:51 PM

Funny thing is that you either have Per crashed with his KK or he is just milking you with his AA. I do not think he is capping 13-10 player with anything less then that. With that in mind just call the river.