Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 11:40 PM

Default Hip Hop Heads: Who\'s into MF DOOM?

The metal facin' villain? Just chillin. I can't get enough since my late discovery in late '05.

Fave tracks?
Old 06-24-2006, 06:56 PM

Default Re: Hip Hop Heads: Who\'s into MF DOOM?

He's my favorite right now by far. Everything is great:
-Beats
-Originality
-Creativity
-Humor
-Lyrics
-Rhyme skills
-Production

I like most of his tracks, some ones that have overall received the most play frome me:
-Kookies
-Strange Ways
-Quite Buttery
-Yikes
-Accordian
-Curls
-Kon Queso

So many great albums.

Check out Four Tet / Koushik(sic?) remixes too.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:01 PM

I love Doom, but DangerDoom was a piece of crap. Then again, dunny just trying to make his paper nah mean?
Old 06-24-2006, 07:06 PM

See, I got into Doom because I was on the BBoys message board and heard some stuff about DangerDoom. I gave in and listened to it and really liked his rhyme flow.

Then I went and got everything else and was completely blown away. I've been listening to him in my ride for 6 months straight and never get tired. I enjoyed DangerDoom but my favorite tracks are probably:

All Caps
Change The Beat
Money Folder
Vomitspit
Operation Greenbacks
Dead Bent
Monday Night at Fluid
Quite Buttery

Hot Collabs also include: Rock Co Kane Flow with De La Soul and Hot Guacamole with Paul Barman.

This is getting stupid cause there is really too many.

Can't wait for Madvillain 2.
Old 06-24-2006, 07:44 PM

I really like "Super" on MM..Food. I also saw the song performed live, which also ruled.

I have a question about that live show though. I saw him in Boulder. It was a Monday night, and I took my girlfriend. Around 10:30 these two dudes come on stage wearing bandanas over their faces, and they're putting down lyrics to beats that I recognize from MF Doom's albums. They did "Super", for example.

But every so often some people in the crowd would yell, "WE WANT MF DOOM!!" and they seem kinda aggitated. And personally, I had no idea what MF Doom (Daniel Dumile) looked like. But my girlfriend and I were hoppin around and enjoying the music.

So now it's midnight, and they kinda turn the lights on, so we figure the show's over and decide to skip any encore. We head for the door. In the lobby I look up at this big screen that shows a live video of the stage. I see a new dude in a complete ninja suit making all these martial arts type moves and weilding a sword, etc.

So, here's my question: did I indeed see MF Doom? Or was the ninja Doom, who had waited until midnight to hit the stage? And finally, I kinda expected MF Doom to have a metal face mask on.

Has anybody seen him perform live?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:10 PM

This thread is incomplete until the one true DOOM fan, Skeme, shows up.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I love Doom, but DangerDoom was a piece of crap. Then again, dunny just trying to make his paper nah mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

I quite liked dangerdoom
Old 06-24-2006, 08:14 PM

Now I'm even more confused about Doom. On my copy of MM Food there are 22 tracks, including "Super." I think it's an "advanced" copy. But on All Music and other sources, MM Food only has 15 tracks, and does not include "Super," but it does have "Hoe Cakes" which is Super.

What gives?
Old 06-24-2006, 08:21 PM

Dogdrool i believe the ninja was doom. I thought he did a lot of his best work in KMD fwiw
Old 06-24-2006, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like "Super" on MM..Food. I also saw the song performed live, which also ruled.

I have a question about that live show though. I saw him in Boulder. It was a Monday night, and I took my girlfriend. Around 10:30 these two dudes come on stage wearing bandanas over their faces, and they're putting down lyrics to beats that I recognize from MF Doom's albums. They did "Super", for example.

But every so often some people in the crowd would yell, "WE WANT MF DOOM!!" and they seem kinda aggitated. And personally, I had no idea what MF Doom (Daniel Dumile) looked like. But my girlfriend and I were hoppin around and enjoying the music.

So now it's midnight, and they kinda turn the lights on, so we figure the show's over and decide to skip any encore. We head for the door. In the lobby I look up at this big screen that shows a live video of the stage. I see a new dude in a complete ninja suit making all these martial arts type moves and weilding a sword, etc.

So, here's my question: did I indeed see MF Doom? Or was the ninja Doom, who had waited until midnight to hit the stage? And finally, I kinda expected MF Doom to have a metal face mask on.

Has anybody seen him perform live?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hahahahaha.

Yes, you did indeed see Doom. I have that show's audio. Boulder, 1-31-06, right? Opening act was Hasaan Chop. He did a few songs and then Doom came out with the bandana, no mask. He made an announcement that the mask was MIA. You can tell the crowd is like, duhhhhhh, then he's like, "It's me Boulder family."

First song was indeed "Hoe Cakes" aka "Super." Seriously, people in the crowd went through the whole show and didn't know it was him???? How many tracks did he have to do? LMAO, that's too much.

I've got a pic somewhere of him that night. He had a baseball cap on backward with a camo bandana (semi see through) covering his eyes.

Awesome.