Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2006, 02:31 AM

Default 2/4 Party Hand

Just interested in people's opinion as to how I played this hand. I have a feeling I shouldn't have been in the hand to begin with and then tried to slavage the pot with a bluff raise on the river. I called preflop because I was sure MP3 would only call and was getting 5-1.

MP3 is 69/.9/.4/110
SB is 19/9.6/2.2/230

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

River: (6.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 06-23-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: 2/4 Party Hand

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] ... uhhh? ... is this the type of player that will fold to a raise on the river; I think you need a better read, other than just stats; also, I think your turn call is suspect
Old 06-23-2006, 03:01 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

You played fine right until the river. The pot is offering you 3 to 1 on your bluff raise. That means he has to fold at least a 3rd of the time for you to break even on the bluff. On the flip side he is getting 9 to 1 to call so if he connected at all he has to call. So we need to find that sweet spot were he fires the last barrel with nothing and will fold to your bluff. I don't think it's a 3rd of the time.

Now if he checked to you on the river, then I think you have a great bluff opportunity.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:16 AM

I think I would dump this preflop. 5-1 is nice but 34 is a little low and against 2 players, your chance of winning with only 1 low pair kinda sucks. You could try to make a move on the flop as a semi-bluff and occassionaly steal the pot on the turn but SB doesn't appear to be a pushover from stats.

[ QUOTE ]
You played fine right until the river. The pot is offering you 3 to 1 on your bluff raise. That means he has to fold at least a 3rd of the time for you to break even on the bluff. On the flip side he is getting 9 to 1 to call so if he connected at all he has to call. So we need to find that sweet spot were he fires the last barrel with nothing and will fold to your bluff. I don't think it's a 3rd of the time.

Now if he checked to you on the river, then I think you have a great bluff opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good post to address bluffing and bluff raising in particular.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:45 AM

3-way, i'm not involved in this... i think the two clubs blinded you...

if i was gonna take a shot at this pot w/o improvement, it either would have been on the flop followed by turn action, or on the turn when i still had outs... but even, i prefer to play these draws very straight forward...

i think this hand is best to have never seen the flop, but as played, fold the river
Old 06-23-2006, 08:49 AM

This is ean easy fold PF.

Given that you played it, call the flop and turn and fold the river UI. Don't get fancy in 2/4 and you won't regret it.

Haupt_234
Old 06-23-2006, 10:11 AM

i'm a little surprised at all the advice to fold pre-flop here. i would play the 3,4(s) here all the time. maybe that's error. i'll have to think about it. i would definately raise the flop here. i might (unlikely) pick up the pot, but (more likely), i might get a free card...