Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 11:48 AM

Default KotZ Announcement -- I\'m stepping down as TD

I have an announcement to make concerning the King of the Zoo tournament series. At the end of this year I will be stepping down as Tournament Director.

When I took over from SimonDiamond my main intention was to make it an all around test of skill in different forms of poker, to shore up what I felt was a poor rating system and to get the overall winner a little something more than just "braggin' rights". I've done all this and the past couple of years have been more or less on auto-pilot. Basically, I've taken it as far as I want to go with it.

Second, the fact is I'm a little burned out on poker and I find myself drifting away from it. At least the posting online part about it. I've been checking up here on 2+2 less and less and I feel with the lack of web site updates and my lack of involvement here on the forums that I'm not doing it justice. Also, my company has started blocking "gambling" sites and already I can't access cardplayer.com and the online poker web sites and it's only a matter of time when they block this site. This will severely affect my ability to admin.

I don't want to leave like Simon did by just dumping the web site abruptly, so I want the 2nd half of the year to be a transition period. I still plan on playing in the series, but I don't want to administer it any longer. So I'm looking for a replacement in the next several weeks. So put your resumes together, here's what I'm looking for:

1) Web design skills - I'd like to transfer the domain name kingofthezoo.com to whomever takes over. The person must be able to put a cogent website together much like I have and Simon before me did. I will be happy to hand over my html files and spreadsheet to whoever takes my place. The spreadsheet automates the process quite a bit.

2) The Person must be an active participant in KotZ. This narrows the field a bit. I want someone who makes a point of playing the majority of the events as this is someone who will obviously enjoy the admin part of the job.

3) The person should be a fairly active poster on 2+2 so they can be more responsive then I have over the past year. Furthermore, they should be a trusted and respected poster.

4) The person taking over shouldn't be making radical changes to the format. In the transition, I will have a hand in planning next year's schedule so that will be programmed by Stars for the whole year before the season even begins. Once '08 starts, it will be completely up to the new TD to do whatever he/she wants.

My goal is to find someone who can be a co-TD with me for the rest of this year. We can plan next year's schedule together and they can have a hand in updating the web site this year. Then when the 2007 season begins, I will step down officially and will only continue as a player.

I will accept responses for my replacement over the next few weeks. I hope to make an announcement sometime before or shortly after the next KotZ event in July. Please submit your requests to me here as a PM or to td@kingofthezoo.com
Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Default Re: KotZ Announcement -- I\'m stepping down as TD

Ed,

I don't play in KOTZ events very much anymore, but regardless would like to say thanks for all your hard work. Whoever answers the call will have some pretty big shoes to fill.

Good luck,
J
Old 06-22-2006, 12:32 PM

Although I never played in this tourney, I know it was pretty fun for the guys who were in it.

Sorry to see you step down :'(
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM

Ed: I think to most of us that have been playing the Kotz torunaments realized that you had lost your enthusiasm or were to busy (family,work etc). To me Kotz has been fun and interesting in that we are playing against our piers and can give us as idea as to how we rate as poker players by the standings and the point system you have so diligently worked out(As well as the fun aspect of it). I realize a lot of time and effort has gone into all of this and I for one would like to have seen you (or anyone who might continue in your footsteps) compensated in some small way, even if only a free entry into the Kotz tourney. Thanks again for all your efforts and continued success in your endeavors....
Old 06-22-2006, 01:15 PM

Ever considered having the KOTZ sponsor do it? I'm not sure how much work it is but I'm guessing it could be fit into the schedule.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:19 PM

Yes, you would certainly be considered.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:08 PM

Assuming PokerStars tournament hand histories show where all the people finished, I could make a script that would automatically update the standings after the admin copied and pasted the complete tournament hand history.

I don't want to be an admin but I could definetly design a site where the new admin has to do much less work. As long as KOTZ continues to be popular and the work wouldn't be wasted I would have no problem doing it.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assuming PokerStars tournament hand histories show where all the people finished, I could make a script that would automatically update the standings after the admin copied and pasted the complete tournament hand history.

I don't want to be an admin but I could definetly design a site where the new admin has to do much less work. As long as KOTZ continues to be popular and the work wouldn't be wasted I would have no problem doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great. I'm willing to admin the site, especially if this script could be developed and used.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:08 PM

I currently have an Excel macro that creates an HTML page starting with a copy and pasted tournament history. But it's not perfect and needs some tedious updating after it's created. I will be happy to hand off the spreadsheet to the successor.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ed,

I don't play in KOTZ events very much anymore, but regardless would like to say thanks for all your hard work.

[/ QUOTE ]