Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Best Options for hotel for wsop

What is my best option for hotel from July 27-Aug9. I am looking to spend 2000$ or less. Obviously close to the rio is good, but a hike isnt too big of a deal. Gold Coast is one option. Is there anyway to get reduced rates from the ones posted online for a longer stay like this? Besides poker rate that is [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:19 PM

Default Re: Best Options for hotel for wsop

My wife and I love staying at the Orleans,which is quite close.The rooms are very spacious and well priced.Also the Orleans has one of the best poker rooms in Vegas.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:23 PM

Just find a cheaper hotel (holiday inn, super8, etc) and use a rental car. The freedom of having a car will be nice, plus it will nearly be the same price you plan to spend on cabs just to get around town.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:01 PM

The WSOP website at www.worldseriesofpoker.com offers direct links to the Harrah's hotels; they are offering reduced hotel rates for WSOP players.

I personally wanted to stay somewhere other than Rio since I figure that place will be a zoo (this is my first WSOP so I'm just guessing). I too wanted a reasonable price. So I picked Bally's because it is on the strip, the rooms are above average (recently remodeled), it is relatively close to the Rio (a quick cab ride away, don't want the hassle of a rental car) and it is also across the street from the Bellagio (where I can play if I have time to kill).

BTW, once I got to the Bally's website I entered my Total Rewards # and Pin # and deleted the special WSOP code and got even better rates - I'm paying $70 a night for weekday nights and $100 for weekend nights. Might be worth trying that to see if you can get lower rates. My two cents...

-SargeAZ
Old 06-22-2006, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is my best option for hotel from July 27-Aug9. I am looking to spend 2000$ or less. Obviously close to the rio is good, but a hike isnt too big of a deal. Gold Coast is one option. Is there anyway to get reduced rates from the ones posted online for a longer stay like this? Besides poker rate that is [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suggest an extended-stay suite hotel away from the strip such as Extended Stay America or Emerald Suites, where you can rent by the week.

Get a rental car if you are flying in. Cabs are way too expensive.
Old 06-22-2006, 02:08 PM

Default I liked The Orleans

The WSoP rates are generally higher than you can get directly from the Harrah's website or somewhere like TravelWorm.

I'm staying at The Orleans. It has a shuttle to the Gold Coast, which is next door to the Rio (though it's still maybe 1/3 of a mile to get to the WSoP). However, it's inexpensive and has a poker room with plenty of tables and tournaments. They also have a room rate guarantee, so i was able to combine the best prices from TravelWorm and those on their own website to get a good deal. $760 for 12 nights, 6/28 thru 7/10.

I stayed there for last year's WSoP and liked it enough to go back. I chose it over the Gold Coast because the poker room is 5x bigger. Of course, if you wind up lasting until the final table of the Main Event, that won't be an issue.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What is my best option for hotel from July 27-Aug9. I am looking to spend 2000$ or less. Obviously close to the rio is good, but a hike isnt too big of a deal. Gold Coast is one option. Is there anyway to get reduced rates from the ones posted online for a longer stay like this? Besides poker rate that is Thanks in advance.

[/ QUOTE ]

it never hurts to check hotwire.com, they often have ridiculously good rates but you'll only know a general location and quality of the hotel.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:16 PM

You can see what people are getting through Hotwire and Priceline at www.betterbidding.com - if you book through Hotwire or Priceline, use their affiliate links (won't cost you any more) to help support that site. I've used it before and they give you step by step advice on how to game Priceline.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:13 PM

I'm staying at Bellagio cause hell, i got 2500 from Bodog to blow, why not, But only for 3 days, The other 5 days i'm staying at The Renisance Marriot out by the convention center, its like 89$ a night and you definately don't have to worry about a crappy place like gold coast or some of the other cheap hotels.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:17 PM

Default Re: I liked The Orleans

[ QUOTE ]
The WSoP rates are generally higher than you can get directly from the Harrah's website or somewhere like TravelWorm.

I'm staying at The Orleans. It has a shuttle to the Gold Coast, which is next door to the Rio (though it's still maybe 1/3 of a mile to get to the WSoP). However, it's inexpensive and has a poker room with plenty of tables and tournaments. They also have a room rate guarantee, so i was able to combine the best prices from TravelWorm and those on their own website to get a good deal. $760 for 12 nights, 6/28 thru 7/10.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have gotten a 1-bedroom "apartment" suite at Emerald Suites - Cameron across the street from the Orleans for $350 a week, or $700 over 2 weeks. That's about 10% cheaper than The Orleans. You also get to use a full kitchen (refrigerator, microwave, stove, oven), which is something The Orleans doesn't offer.

Generally, the smaller properties off The Strip, especially the ones WITHOUT gaming licenses, offer better deals than the gaming properties where you have to put up with all the riff raff.