Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 05:51 PM

Default I think I\'m way too aggressive

Playing very loose preflop. People should know by now that I don't [censored] around when I'm potting the flop and so on. Should i have been weaker on the turn?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $0.50 BB (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

CO ($30.80)
Button ($49.65)
SB ($54.90)
BB ($67.25)
UTG ($66.25)
UTG+1 ($46.10)
MP1 ($20)
Hero ($46.35)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. MP1 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 (poster) raises to $1</font>, Hero calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50, UTG calls $0.50.

Flop: ($7) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.65</font>, CO calls $6.65, Button calls $6.65, SB calls $6.65, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: ($33.60) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $23</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: $56.60

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $56.60. </font>

Also, I've been very aggressive in hands where the flop will be like 447 and im holding (47) and i pot it right away. Should i get trickier with hands like this? because most of the time everyone is folding when i could lure a fish to get a smaller one and stack him.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:25 PM

Default Re: I think I\'m way too aggressive

Metal,

One of the benefits of playing laggier both pre and postflop should be that you get extra action when you actually hit a flop assuming you are also betting weak such as top pair only and draws as well. But you have to avoid the traps others might set for you and give up on bluffs early when you can't improve and take free cards when someone might be lying in the weeds. Also, you should of course occasionally slowplay when someone else is the aggressor, but not with something like 74 on a 447 flop where you might just trap yourself by giving someone a free card to beat you. So bet those flops and others but just don't keep firing with bluffs or weak draws all the time when you face resistance in the form of a call.