Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 02:53 PM

Default General Newbie Question...

Hello all. I am 19 and am looking for info on real estate/finance/investing for the beginner. I am going to be a business major and really would like to be involved in several real estate projects as well as involved in the stock market when I get older. I really have no idea at all about it and would like some good beginner reading material. Basically am looking on info on how to get that "passive" income maxed out to the fullest. Any info would help. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:58 AM

Default Re: General Newbie Question...

www.richdad.com

You should google for stuff other people have said about him as he certainly has his fair share of detractors too, but reading his first three books is what got me motivated enough to go out and start down the REI path. Ironically my first deal was a rehab/flip one-shot deal as opposed to the long-term passive income approach that he advocates, but I still highly recommend at least those first three books (I've read a lot of the rest now and they mostly suck in comparison).

Either way there are good forums there.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Re: General Newbie Question...

Why don't you get a part time/ full time job in real estate.
Sales, financing, title, legal, property management, even construction. You might apply for a position at all the REITs. Watch what they do with their money, before you blow your own.