Default AQo vs. very LAGGY player with big stack at the table

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB ($1.38)
BB ($2.75)
UTG ($1.72)
Villan ($8.57)
CO ($3.06)
Hero ($2.72)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Villan raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $0.10, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds.

Flop: ($0.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP bets $0.12</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.36</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $0.6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.62</font>, MP calls $2.02.

Turn: ($5.49) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: ($5.49) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $5.49

Did I overplay my AQ on the flop here? Any suggestions for how I should have played this. My opponent had been very loose agressive....he was raising on what seemed like every hand or other hand and continued his betting on the flop, turn, and river usually until opponents folded. I had a tight but aggressive image coming into this hand and am questioning whether I should have just called his reraise instead of reraising all in. If I did call his reraise on the flop, I would have folded to any decent sized bet on the turn or river if flush or straight hit or called if non threating cards hit on the turn and river. Also, what kind of range could I have put him on here?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:24 AM

Default Re: AQo vs. very LAGGY player with big stack at the table

Nah .. You got the money in when you most likely was a favorite and perhaps got sucked out ... I would have done the same.

If you are ahead you want the money in the middle, it is much better than to only put half the money in an then a scare card apears and .. Err ... charge villian for sucking out on you. !!
Old 06-21-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Results

Opponent shows pocket 2's for trips. Was I unlucky here or just outplayed?
Old 06-21-2006, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Results

Unlucky dude. You were well ahead of his range. Reload, be patient, and you'll get him.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:21 PM

Your 4-bet on the flop is bad IMO. Unless you know he's calling it with a T, a worse Q, or some other weak holding, he's only calling you when you're beat. If he's as crazy as you say, I think I might just call him down.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:29 PM

Definitely unlucky.

Of course, I think the danger with the micro-level NL games is that for such a small price, people can stick around for cheap with small pairs and try to hit a set. I'd think the challenge in this game is putting people on hands, since they might play 22 or JT the same way they'd play QQ preflop. I was actually more worried that you got sucked out on with the straight or flush.

Still, I think you made the right move to try to protect your hand with a big bet. More often, I'd think you'd be up against a draw here or a weaker Q, so I think you played it right.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Default Re: AQo vs. very LAGGY player with big stack at the table

bump