Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 03:26 AM

Default TRIP REPORT - Ed Miller\'s Queer Eye screening party

(I have no idea which forum this belongs in...mods, please feel free to move this...not that you've ever needed my permission before)

No, I wasn't invited but I crashed on the coattails of "Mr. Moo," who was properly invited to join Ed and a few others to watch Ed's "Queer Eye." Mr. Moo was nice enough to ask me to tag along, and, of course, I couldn't say no.

Apart from showing up 30 minutes early and having to drive around Henderson for a little bit, everything was great.

Ed and Elaine welcomed us into their apartment and we met a few of their friends, one or two of them who would be on the show. Our very own Clarkmeister was there with whom I assume was his wife...the lovely Jo. Nice guy, nicer wife.

Mr. Moo and I also got to meet Ed's mom - Little Old Lady. Let me tell you guys - she's awesome. Funny and cool and just an all-around nice lady. We talked briefly of writing a sex and relationship column together but I'm not sure if the world could handle that!

The apartment which you saw on the show really does look great. I don't think I've ever seen an apartment in such a big complex look as good as this one does. The Queer Eye guys really did a great job. The wine cooler was my favorite part - I want one!

Ed and Elaine are wonderful hosts, they had lots of beer and wine and cheese and veggies and chips and made everyone feel comfortable. Ed was very pleased showing everyone around, regaling us with Queer Eye stories and what pieces were new and what they really liked and even some of the things they didn't like. (That Hawaiian print you see on one wall during the show is now gone)

Ed was wearing one of the suits he got from QE, but you don't see this one on the show. It's very stylish - a grey pinstripe that's actually made from denim! I also really liked his new eyeglass frames. Plus, he got a few pairs of very nice shoes that I'm envious over.

Elaine was more casually dressed in jeans and always had a big smile on her face and looked smashing. We also got to meet Elaine's sister, who is a stone cold hottie. Yowza. Very nice as well, and with an adorable little boy in tow.

Ed and Elaine also invited some of their neighbors, who they were meeting for the first time! I thought that was pretty funny - it takes a TV show to actually meet your neighbors these days.

All in all, I'd guess around 20 people were there when we squeezed around the flat-screen plasma TV (also from QE) to watch Ed's debut. I won't re-hash the show, as that's going on in another thread, but yes, everyone was also playing the "fantastic" drinking game. Lots of laughter and commentarty by Ed during the commercial breaks.

Clarkmeister (he was "Friend #1") actually got quite a bit of airtime and came off very well. Good job!

After the show, everyone agreed that Ed and Elaine and everyone else looked and sounded damn good. Ed seemed quite pleased with the show and was relieved they cut out a few certain segments - but he wouldn't say what they were! He did tell us he had to "act" a little when he met one of the QE guys by the slots and a drag queen Liza Minelli was there. He seemed to get a kick out of having to do that.

Actually, after seeing how well he did the poker commentary during the tournament, I'm going to try and figure out a vehicle for him to host!

All in all, it was a very entertaining gathering, and I thank Mr. Moo for asking me to join him. Ed and Elaine were perfect hosts and they couldn't be a nicer couple. Before we left, Ed was gracious enough to present me with an autographed copy of his latest book - thanks Ed!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:29 AM

Default Re: TRIP REPORT - Ed Miller\'s Queer Eye screening party

Fantastic!
Old 06-21-2006, 03:44 AM

Nice report Dom, thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can manage to watch this since I don't have cable TV.

NT
Old 06-21-2006, 04:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nice report Dom, thanks.

I'm still trying to figure out how I can manage to watch this since I don't have cable TV.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

It should shortly be downloadable from iTunes--I think the cost is around $2.

We all did have a great time and laughed a lot. And, Dominic, I'm glad you came. It was fun meeting you. We ought to get together some time, and I'll tell you some of the stories I won't tell on OOT....
Old 06-21-2006, 04:13 AM

You can get ANYTHING on iTunes. That's awesome, thanks.

NT
Old 06-21-2006, 04:21 AM

damn...I forgot all about this and wasted my night watching the NBA

re-airings?
Old 06-21-2006, 04:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
damn...I forgot all about this and wasted my night watching the NBA

re-airings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - Ed M, BRAVOP Jun 21 04:00am