Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2006, 02:59 PM

Default Hot, Hot, Summer

$1/2 PP 6-Max

Effective stacks, $200

Villian is limping once every couple orbits UTG, min-raise in later positions, and sometimes 7 if he's feeling wild. Not awful, pretty straight forward.

He limps UTG, I make $10 in MP w/AQo, he calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (Pot $23)
Villian cks, I bet $16, Villian calls.

Turn: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (Pot $55)
Villian cks, I ck.

River: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (Pot $55)
Villian bets $25, I make it $125, he pushes, I call.

I checked the turn behind, as I had in a previous hand with the same preflop line and folded to his river bet w/JJ on a Q89KA board. Fire away at it all.

Dominick
Old 06-20-2006, 04:00 PM

Default Re: Hot, Hot, Summer

Doesn't it seem like villian has 22 or 33 here? The flop check makes a lot of sense, and the call can't really mean anything but a slowplay. he wouldn't push over the top with 45 on the river. I think if you're splitting here in the best case. KQs is also a possibility. I think I would just call the river.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:33 PM

What he get in this hand with? I don't think on the river he is making this river bet/push thinking he can get you off the hand as he did previously when you held JJ. You aren't going anywhere with just ~$50 left behind in a ~$350 pot.

I don't think villian has KK here as he didn't raise PF. If by not awful you mean limping in with hands like JT, QT, KT, QJ, KQ and then calling raises out of position then I suppose he won't be holding a hand like QT or QJ here. Maybe KQ or AQ, but maybe not either as he would of raises PF with AQ and possiblity KQ. He could have 22, 33 as his hand kind of pits that profile. He limped in PF UTG, called a raise, checked the flop and called a flop bet. Checked the turn and then bet out on the river after he saw you showed a sign of weakness. If he does have a PP in the range of 44-88/99 this would be a hard bet for him to call on the river. The fact that he pushes behind you eliminates those hand ranges. So really I am thinking 22, 33, AQ, and KQ. If I had to say it was a Qx hand I would have to say KQ as opposed to AQ as I would expect a raise out of a straight forward player.

I liked how you checked the turn and let him think he could move you off the hand as he previously did, but I think he might have the best of you here. But what are you going to do? If you set him up based on previously knowledge he has about you, then ya you are going to raise on the river. Sometimes when you set someone up it back fires and it looks like it could have here.

I wouldn't get myself down after having planned out how the hand is going to go down on later streets and have it backfire. It shows good understanding of critical thinking needed for NL at higher levels (and even these levels).

What did he have?
Old 06-20-2006, 04:35 PM

nice hand
Old 06-20-2006, 09:55 PM

Default Results

Villian showed KK. Thanks for the responses. I am see where I could improve the hand, but I don't think my line was horrible. I might consider resizing my river raise to make him think I could fold to a 3-bet all-in.