Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 04:24 PM

Default Bottom two OOP

.25/.50 NL 6-max (from memory, Im at work now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] )
Hero has $200
Villain has $100

Hero is in BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain is in CO.

Everyone limps to me and I check.
Flop comes:

K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

SB Checks, <font color="red">I bet $2.50. </font> UTG calls. MP <font color="red">raises to $6</font>. Villain calls. Button folds. SB folds. I reraise <font color="red"> to $15.</font> UTG folds. MP Folds. Villain calls

Turn A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Hero??
Old 06-19-2006, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Bottom two OOP

Hmm. Maybe more information will get me some responses.

The villain was very loose/passive. I remember his stats being somewhere in the 60-69 range for VPIP and &gt;2 for PFR. His AF was&lt;1 in the .80s. The only significant action I had seem him take (other than calling) in any hands was a too-big checkraise on the flop in another hand. (One player bet $3, he checkraised $25).

On the turn I bet 2/3rds pot, $35 which he immediately called.
The river was a 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].

Hero??

His call on the turn suggests to me that he had to have a made hand rather than a draw, and as such probably had a strong hand, since weak players dont tend to think about pot-size but weigh bets on an absolute scale of $$.

Do you bet this river. Do you check and call a bet? Check/Fold? Do you bet that much on the turn, if at all?
Old 06-20-2006, 03:56 AM

Default Re: Bottom two OOP

Reraise to more than $15..... he'll at least call that reraise with just about anything.

Seeing as how he limped pf, he most likely has 2pair or a set.. maybe JQ played aggressively. With the A on the flop you're likely sunk unless he is a noob and thinks his KJ is good. The problem is that your 3 bet on the flop didn't really tell you much since it was too small.