Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 02:21 PM

Default Scared of [censored] big dog!

Ok, in my building there's this GIGANTIC boxer (dog, see picture below). It has always looked scary - just the size of it! Can't be normal dog food it's eating! Well one day when I was looking after my mom's (small) dog at my place, we were entering my building, just as the GB (GIGANTIC Boxer) and its owner was exiting. The GB immediately attacked my mom's dog, but luckily the GB's owner got it pulled away (luckily it was on a leash THIS time) - leaving my mom's dog only bruised - not GB lunch. The owner said that she couldn't understand why it had attacked my mom's dog, coz it had never done anything of the sort before (GB could often be seen UNLEASHED around the building!) Not wanting my mom's dog to go through that again, we have stopped letting me look after it at my place =/

Then some time later, while my stepdad was getting me a lift to my place - GB and owner was standing outside my building (in a leash fortunately), my mom's dog was in the car since she likes to drive, and my stepdad was helping unload some stuff from the car - when suddenly GB snapped and tried to bite my stepdad (who was closest of the two of us to GB). After some heated remarks to GB's owner, my stepdad drove off.

More time passes (several months), and I am entering my building again, just as GB and a guy who looks after it, is exiting. Just as I walk right past them, GB sinks two of his teeth right into my right thigh! Fortunately the wound was only skin deep through my pants.

Now, I seems like GB can remember being yelled at/yanked around by his owner, when GB attacked my mom's dog all that while back, and is now angry at me!

Often when I meet GB and owner, GB immediately tries to get to me while being very agitated! Fortunately the owner has had a good grib on the leash so far, but I wonder: what could I do if it got loose? Try to kick it? I doubt I would be able to scare it off, by stamping the ground or something. Any suggestions?

Old 06-19-2006, 02:23 PM

Default Re: Scared of [censored] big dog!

http://www.safetygearhq.com/canine-mace.htm
Old 06-19-2006, 02:24 PM

remember that story of the lady (I think it was Seattle) was attacked and killed by her neighbor's dogs two years ago?

I'd tell your landlord that you'd hold him responsible if you get bit again and let him take it from there. And he will.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 PM

If any dog ever bites me it's time on this earth is limited, If this dog attacked you at all i'd kill it.

Well I guess that's not completly true, i'd probably report it first but if action wasn't taken very soon ie the dog being put to sleep, then i'd take action into my own hands
Old 06-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Hmm yeah, it's amazing that the landlord allows this huge freaking dog in the building in the first place! That mace might be an idea, thanks, if I can remember to have it on me.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:29 PM

I would say report the incident to the proper authorities. Especially considering the dog owner lets the dog wander around unleashed. Also, if there's evidence of previous incidents of aggression, it's a lot easier later if and when something serious does happen to place more responsibility on the owner.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:32 PM

WTF? The dog bites you and you act like "wow, at least I wasn't killed". Call Animal Control, take the owner to court for damages, talk to the landlord about getting dog removed, etc. This dog sucks.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:34 PM

Can you slip this dog a great big yummie bowl of antifreeze?
Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM

The dogs that killed the lady in San Francisco were a psycho pit-bull type breed.

Boxers look mean but are usually very sweet tempered. This dog won't tear your arm off. All that being said, the dog owner needs to train the dog better and probably give it more exercise.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:45 PM

Yeah well I guess I'm too soft in regard to taking action. Guess I'm not much of a confrontational type o_O