Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Foxwoods dealers are improving

I was at Foxwoods on Friday AM and I am pleased to say that the dealers have improved significantly. Obviously Tom has spoken and/or re-trained them. Good job Tom [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Anyway the first noticable improvement was the speed at which the dealers dealt. There was little or no unneccessary chatter, no watching TV, no watching other tables, etc.

Secondly there were few mistakes over the 7 hours. There were only two exposed cards. The dealer correctly called the floor over when a few of the players got into a pissing contest over the rules of exposed cards. Well handled IMHO.

Finally I was pleasantly surprised that when the table started the "debate" over who won at showdown (did the kicker play?). The dealer IMMEDIATELY asked everyone to stop, proceeded to explain the winning hand by pushing the community cards up that made player 1's hand, and then the same for player 2. Compared the two and pushed the chips. Well done.

I have written this as I usually bitch about the dealers at FW that I feel as though I should also give them credit when things get better.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Foxwoods dealers are improving

small sample size [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM

I had a good, personable dealer on Friday as well [although no one named Tom...]. A dealer named Alayna. No errors during the 3 or so rotations she was at the table, and she really kept it moving, and was able to joke around with the table at the same time. She was a bit loud, so I'd imagine not everyone likes her. I know a lot of people prefer quiet dealers who just do their job, but for me this was a great combination, doing her job well, and joking around with the table.

There was another great dealer when I played at a SnG, I just can't remember his name.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:07 PM

Nah...was there last week during the U.S.Open... They still sucked...oh, and no Tom, either. (Didn't look too hard...)
Old 06-19-2006, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
small sample size [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2006, 05:25 PM

dealers were pretty good my last trip, although i have one complaint. i sat at a 1/2 NL table for a little while and one of the dealers asked that bets be made in round numbers (i.e. multiples of $5) so she would have an easier time counting the pot. she was half joking, but it still annoyed me.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:15 PM

dont worry.. just when you get your hopes up they'll disappoint.. just like my gf.. haha.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:29 PM

Alayna is a little loud and a little overpersonal for me but she's a fun person.

Anyways, variance.
Old 06-22-2006, 04:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Alayna is a little loud and a little overpersonal for me but she's a fun person.

Anyways, variance.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could easily see how at the wrong table she would come across horribly. But the table was very talkative with lots of joking back and forth, so she fit right in that night.

Still keeping an eye out for a 'tom' but haven't seen you there. Do you ever deal the 1/2 tables?
Old 06-22-2006, 05:05 PM

I work like three days a week and haven't seen anything over 4-8 in a week, as you can see from this thread they're putting all the good dealers in the bigger games now. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]