Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 PM

Default 3/6 live adventure

Hi guys i thought id let u in on my adventure today. I played 3/6 limit @ viejas for about 8 hours lol. The game is extremely soft, had a lot of old people just limping and calling any of my raises. Lucky for me I hit a majority of the time on the flop and it was good. But the down side of it was I felt worse than griding 4 table .50/1, it was pretty boring. The game really doesn't involve skill since a majority of your marginal hands dont get to be played (off suits). It was pretty much raise for free card (most of the time u can even check in EP and it will get checked through! etc) so ya I was pretty much raise good hands fold to tight players and rarely get reraised throughout the hand... Of course you still have to try to protect your hand etc... but it doesn't work so much since they usually always call. Ultimately if you can beat .50/1 you can beat 3/6 live. But after this stage of playing live I felt that limit was pretty boring, I think only at the higher stages does it get pretty tricky. So I have been considering moving to NL since I feel your not as brain dead playing at a weak limit table. You can actually have some fun =/ except when u get pwned of course haha.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:17 AM

Default Re: 3/6 live adventure

I went back to NLH the other day too. But I'll still keep playing Limit as well I guess. It's always good to mix up the action and keep the game interesting.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
. Of course you still have to try to protect your hand etc... but it doesn't work so much since they usually always call.

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't played live yet, but isn't that exactly what you want? Since they're not folding they're likely calling unprofitably, assuming you're protecting your hands in the right situations.

Was it the slower pace that made it boring or was it something else? Did you at least manage to have a bit of fun?
Old 06-19-2006, 01:51 AM

freedom18, please check your profile settings to make sure your PM box is able to receive messages?

I dont mean to hijack this thread but Ive tried PMing you as has your last session review partner several times but never got a response so I figured my best shot was to post in a thread you started in case you were wondering why no-one had contacted you about the reviews. Please drop me a PM or something so that I know you got this. thx.

oh, and nice work on the pwnage of 3/6 live...i suppose you should be thankful that you hit some flops..most other posts ive read on live play go along the lines of "they were terrible but play was so slow that I got relatively few hands in and never seemed to hit the board". I havent played live myself cos its not convenient for me but your perspective that its slow and boring sounds about right.

cheers

Ozi aka The Session Review Sheriff
Old 06-19-2006, 04:47 AM

im not sure what your question is
Old 06-19-2006, 04:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi guys i thought id let u in on my adventure today. I played 3/6 limit @ viejas for about 8 hours lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

omgz roflcopter
Old 06-19-2006, 01:38 PM

it wasnt really that slow they check really fast lol and just throw in 3 chips asap...I was the slowest one, trying to calculate pot odds was hard and they got mad when i raised or thought about doing something. I think im very lucky I hit the board on a majority of my premium hands but I found myself playing any near suited connectors every chance I got. The reason it was boring was because of the low amounts of hands you get to play and the no thinking process involved probably bc I always hit the board for some holdings. Its really cool to try to pick up tells though feels so different.

About my PM box I will try to fix it I made the account with 0 changes and ive received a PM from u before that i responded to 3 days ago, I dont know why this can be hapining
Old 06-19-2006, 02:36 PM

Congrats on your first live adventure!

I've found live to be more fun than online, especially in the rock-solid reads I can get on 90% of my opponents (some will go as far as to tell you what they've got - without lying!). Then there are the cheap drinks (free in Vegas) and flirting with the occasional eye candy (which beats making up fantasies about the female avatar in the 6 seat on Party).

As your limit poker skills improve - both in knowing what your line will be under varying circumstances and in counting the pot to determine odds - you'll be able to act faster. Just don't act before it's your turn - when UTG I can usually tell whether I can play my low pockets by the number of people putting chips on their cards and reaching for their stacks behind me.