Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 09:49 PM

Default Massage from a dude ... OK?

My wife buys me a fairly expensive hour-long massage for my first father's day -- a very strong gift, IMO. I've been to the place before, and my masseur was a relatively attractive, relatively young, female.

So I get to the place, and I'm on the phone with my wife because I left my wallet at home and we're trying to figure out a way to pay the tip. While I'm talking, the owner of the shop brings out my masseur, who is a 20-something guy with silver-dollar tribal earrings. We make eye-contact briefly, and he nods hello. He seems friendly enough.

I panic.

I walk out the door and continue to talk to my wife, who finds the situation hilarious. After a few minutes, I walk back in and tell the owner, whom we know, that things are kind of crazy at home with the baby, and I just don't think I could relax. She gives me back the gift certificate, and I drive home thoroughly relieved.

I'm pretty sure I'm not homophobic, and getting a massage from a young, attractive female isn't necessarily a sexual thing. However, I just don't think I'm cool with getting rubbed down by a dude.

Is this wrong?

I don't really regret panicking. I don't especially feel bad that I screwed over the masseur, who probably stuck around for the appointment. My only regret is that I didn't have the scrotum to ask for a female, because I felt I'd then have to justify it.

From a business standpoint, shouldn't the proprietor of such a parlor know that most male customers prefer females? Shouldn't there at least be a warning, or a statement such as: "Dirk McStudley is working that afternoon, would it be OK if I scheduled with him?"

How would all of you react in my position? How would you proceed when rescheduling the appointment? Am I in a minority of people who feel uncomfortable in this situation?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Massage from a dude ... OK?

Just get the massage, the guy is a professional. At places like the Mandalay Bay, you can't even get a female massage therapist.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:53 PM

did you get a happy ending last time?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:54 PM

Most places will accomodate you if you request a female. Just walk to the counter and say, "Is it alright if I have a female masseur?"
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most places will accomodate you if you request a female. Just walk to the counter and say, "Is it alright if I have a female masseur?"

[/ QUOTE ]

But then they'll think that you are the gay homophobe. And the female massuese will assume that you see her as a prostitute.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:55 PM

Are you afraid it might move? Like George Costanza? You're being a real homophobe about this.
Old 06-18-2006, 10:01 PM

it is ok if you are gay
Old 06-18-2006, 10:01 PM

I totally agree and this is not homophobic at all.

Where else can a dude get a girl to rub him all over without the fear of feeling like he is cheating? No Place. A massage for a guy should be performed by a girl as it will be much more enjoyable. I don't see how people can disagree with this.

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2006, 10:55 PM

If you stop going to your drycleaners because you find out the owner is gay, it means you're a homophobe. On the other hand, if you prefer being rubbed by a female than a male, it just means you're straight.

Ask for a female. A massage is a treat for yourself, so make sure you get what you want. (I don't go in for massages, but if I did, as a gay guy I'd make sure I got a male.)
Old 06-18-2006, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you stop going to your drycleaners because you find out the owner is gay, it means you're a homophobe. On the other hand, if you prefer being rubbed by a female than a male, it just means you're straight.

Ask for a female. A massage is a treat for yourself, so make sure you get what you want. (I don't go in for massages, but if I did, as a gay guy I'd make sure I got a male.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Right!!