Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 05:09 PM

Default HU turn fold w/ TP

villain 25/12/1.4

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.66 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (7.33 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.33 BB
Old 06-18-2006, 05:16 PM

Default Re: HU turn fold w/ TP

You bloated the pot to the point where you now have odds to see one more card.

For 1 SB more, you could have seen a showdown if you didn't retake the initiative on the flop. I don't get the flop 3-bet unless villain was regularly raising unimproved overs on the flop.

I am also not sold on the flop bet, as you basically give your hand away at that point, allowing villain to play perfectly against you. I think that CO will bet overcards here a lot b/c the flop only has one card in the playing zone.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:20 PM

Wrong forum.

I don't like the flop 3 bet at all.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a good chance I had 3 or 0 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
For 1 SB more, you could have seen a showdown if you didn't retake the initiative on the flop. I don't get the flop 3-bet unless villain was regularly raising unimproved overs on the flop.

I am also not sold on the flop bet, as you basically give your hand away at that point, allowing villain to play perfectly against you. I think that CO will bet overcards here a lot b/c the flop only has one card in the playing zone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a decent chance he'd raise overs there and protect my hand for me. And then I thought he might take a freecard on the turn. I know its fashionable here to say no one takes freecards anymore but that is not true. Not saying my plan is great, but that was my thinking. I might have donked the turn, what about that?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

crap. sorry, i keep forgetting i've been playing full.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the flop 3 bet at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

would have called down from there?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a good chance I had 3 or 0 outs.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought there was a decent chance he'd raise overs there and protect my hand for me. And then I thought he might take a freecard on the turn. I know its fashionable here to say no one takes freecards anymore but that is not true. Not saying my plan is great, but that was my thinking. I might have donked the turn, what about that?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can worry about free cards more when your hand is a little bit stronger or perhaps you have a specific read that the opponent likes to raise overs. Here you managed to get it heads up, which is a reasonable result for you, but you're out of position and still probably an underdog and have to play defensively.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You can worry about free cards more when your hand is a little bit stronger or perhaps you have a specific read that the opponent likes to raise overs. Here you managed to get it heads up, which is a reasonable result for you, but you're out of position and still probably an underdog and have to play defensively.

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks. that makes alot of sense.
Old 06-18-2006, 05:50 PM

I'm hating your flop 3 bet here...I would just call down UI.

Given your line I think you have to see a river getting over 10:1.