Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 05:22 AM

Default NL50 6max: Committing myself with AK

Newish table, villain was loose, no other reads.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP ($24.67)
Hero ($50.55)
Button ($109.42)
SB ($52.25)
BB ($72.84)
UTG ($55.40)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, Button calls $2.50, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($6.25) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, Button calls $6.

Turn: ($18.25) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $28</font>, Hero calls $14...

I'm wondering about my turn bet. I usually 2barrel if my hand gets better with good draw and I'm out of position. If I'm on position I check behind and take the free card. Ok?
Old 06-18-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: NL50 6max: Committing myself with AK

You 5X PF and get called by loose button.

You PS CBet and get called.

What is your table image? Are you also loose and ALWAYS fire a CBet? Do you ALWAYS fire another barrel... and does villain know this? ESpecially if villain knows he will be facing another bet on the turn when he calls your PSB on the flop...... instafold the mini turn raise.

Common read/strategy from 2+2 is when villain miniraises on the turn, he's got better than TPTK. On this particular hand where you are beat in SO MANY WAYS by a loose player, I'm not going to second barrel ANY turn. I'll call down smallish bets to the river bank if an A or K show, but otherwise I'm keeping my chips in front of me.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:12 AM

Push or fold.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 AM

Oh yeah, don't forget the most likely villain hand.......

At small stakes, everybody likes 69.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:45 AM

whats wrong with calling? ... im probably leaning towards a fold here ... but not pushing.. i dont feel like villain is getting away from his hand often
Old 06-18-2006, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What is your table image? Are you also loose and ALWAYS fire a CBet? Do you ALWAYS fire another barrel... and does villain know this? ESpecially if villain knows he will be facing another bet on the turn when he calls your PSB on the flop...... instafold the mini turn raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

New table, so I have no image. Or maybe someting like "tight so far". Do you put villain only on full house? He gives me right odds to draw to nutflush.

[ QUOTE ]
Common read/strategy from 2+2 is when villain miniraises on the turn, he's got better than TPTK. On this particular hand where you are beat in SO MANY WAYS by a loose player, I'm not going to second barrel ANY turn. I'll call down smallish bets to the river bank if an A or K show, but otherwise I'm keeping my chips in front of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loose players also calls paired boards with mid pocket pairs, when they think you are bluffing, they usually give up on turn though. I know I'm behind on turn, I bet because I think he is folding his midpair here and it's also semibluff with nutflushdraw if he decides to call.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I have folding equity left here if I push? Just calling I can spare rest of my stack on river if I don't hit. I don't think this player is folding if fourth [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes when the pot is so big.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Push or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?
Old 06-18-2006, 12:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Push or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think I have folding equity left here if I push? Just calling I can spare rest of my stack on river if I don't hit. I don't think this player is folding if fourth [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] comes when the pot is so big.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Then why don't you check/call this turn?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:09 PM

check/call if its a good price.