Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 08:16 PM

Default Another reminder about being nice to fish

You all know this but I am feeling kinda bad for this guy who at my table, not only did he play kinda bad but he ran into a bunch of monster hands.

The thing was he was very polite about it and said NH a few times, never bitched or complained about some of the nice second best hands he lost with. He dropped 4 buy ins and then people at the table started in on how bad he was and took it to the level of disrespecting him.

I dont think the 200$ he lost is gonna kill the guy, but he does not deserve to be berated by better players about how badly he sucks. Many fish dont really mind losing some money but they want to have a good time or at least not be insulted while they are doing it. Take their money, let them keep their dignity.

Like I said I know you all know this but I guess a reminder dont hurt.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Another reminder about being nice to fish

It's odd - usually people don't start criticizing the fish unless they suckout with their junk hands. Here the guy politely lost, and people still insulted him?

Wow.
Old 06-17-2006, 08:33 PM

did you stick up for him? I usually do this. Also you can report jerks to the site, and the jerks usually get an email telling them to cool off. You use to be able to send private messages on party and sometimes i would do this to people berating fish like this.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:03 PM

I was gonna offer to help him with his poker game which would be the first time ever I have done that while at the poker table but they drove him off too quick. It was clear he was trying to play well but it kinda looked like he was new.

I had the message almost typed but I was playing a lot of tables and could only type 1 word then had to go play poker at another table.. takes a while for me to type a message like this. I did get one message out asking why this guy was being treated like this but could not get the second one out.

I guess them driving him off was for the best he was flailing around a bit and I doubt he had much of a chance.. but I just hated to see someone who was trying to play good poker get driven off losing their dignity instead of just their money.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:13 PM

If anybody berates a fish I berate them until the argument is between them and me. I dont stand for people costing me money with their stupid chat.
Old 06-17-2006, 09:21 PM

I hate when stuff like this happens. Poker players are jerks.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:48 PM

This is beyond stupid. Not that Im a great player by any means, but when I first started playing (after reading Lee Jones book and playing .5/1 limit) i was pretty much a break even so-so player that any good player would have a fieled day with. Its bad enough when you run into monsters, but for someone who is probably just learning the game ans having someone who is beating tell you how much you suck would have caused a new player to find a new table.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If anybody berates a fish I berate them until the argument is between them and me. I dont stand for people costing me money with their stupid chat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly! And they should know it costs them also. If you hate money, be a Jerk. The only time I ve gotten my chat revoked (for 2 weeks) was because I used to get into huge fights with this regular douchebag (18 year old who thinks he s a pokergod cause he makes 4K a month) Besides, nowadays it isnt only virtual (somepeople claim it doesnt matter cause its only the internet), many top players are recognized by their online names. I wouldnt want to get a reputation as an [censored]. I ve met many guys I ve played online in live events and its always been like: "wow cool, so you are "Rhaegar" (my nick on crypto), nice to meet you."
instead of "oh that [censored], FU".
Old 06-17-2006, 11:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

good move
Old 06-17-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rhaegar

[/ QUOTE ]

Have a thing for dragons do you?