Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 12:09 AM

Default QQ on coordinated board, turn straight

Villain is 16/14/4

Too much or standard? Are 99, TT, or JJ ever checking behind on this turn therefore making bet/call a better line?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.50 BB
Old 06-17-2006, 02:56 AM

Default Re: QQ on coordinated board, turn straight

How many hands is that read through? The reason I ask is that that's VERY aggressive so I'm assuming that it's not reliable. IF it is, I'd raise this to the moon as that guy has to always go nuts with TPTK and whatnot.

Back to assuming he's not that aggressive, I like the turn c/r. If he's checking through a set on a board that could be 8 outs to a split or have 2 different flush draws come in he's a moron.

Once he 3bets the turn I start thinking about KQ and how lucky this guy is. Having said that I still want more money in the pot so my plan is to call the turn and then bet the river so that 2 more bets go in at max instead of 3 with capping turn and b/c river. But if this guy has a clue he'll just call the river with a hand we beat and raise one we lose to right? so b/c is bad. I guess c/c river is the best line here. When the river pairs the board though I'm certainly not going to b/c so c/c is definitely in order. Sometimes I'll even start to bring up the chat box to start complaining to my friends [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

But I'm awful so we'll see what everyone else thinks.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:34 AM

I bet/call the turn. c/c any river.

edit: that is, if he raised the turn. Bet the river if turn is just called unless the board pairs.
Old 06-17-2006, 10:19 AM

Why bet/call the turn vs check/raise? Are you afraid that he'll check it through or that you're behind?