Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2006, 05:51 PM

Default Kill Phil - No big deal?

It has now been about 6 months since Kill Phil came out. And at least in the Poker Stars tournaments that I mostly play in, I don't recall seeing even one player that's playing a 100% Kill Phil game from start to finish (all-in or fold). Of course when the blinds starting getting to a point where players' M are < 10, people are going all-in but that was happening pre-KP.

KP has helped give me ideas about when to go all-in when I'm short-stacked, but really the only place that I use KP is the KP post-flop strategy during the rebuy hour of rebuy tournaments, where I've had decent results and usually end up with an above-average stack at the end of the rebuy hour.

Anybody else see any evidence that KP has significantly changed things?
Old 06-16-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: Kill Phil - No big deal?

i like kill phil.... but anyone who was into books was already using alot of the best parts of "kill phil"?... most people i know don't want to play like that or even learn from a book.

i think kill phil is really good for just looking at card values when the M gets to a fairly low level.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:39 AM

Default Re: Kill Phil - No big deal?

I have used it a lot in STT on Poker Stars and in some $20 MTT's.

Remember that the "all-in or fold" is for KP Rookie... There is some advanced strategies farther along in the book. I have found that it works quite well...

But, since I have purchased all three volumes of HOH, I don't really use the KP strategies until I get shortstacked.