Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 PM

Default 3/6 ATo with tough board

Haven't been at the table long.
MP1 is about 30/6/0 after 15 hands.
Button is about 40/0/.5 after 20 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Button calls, Hero folds, UTG+2 folds.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB
Old 06-14-2006, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 3/6 ATo with tough board

you are basically readless and MP1 and Button are unknowns. I think you are ahead often enough on the river to make a call +EV.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:44 PM

I would bet/fold the turn and then check call the river.

You don't have enough outs to a better hand to make a turn check call the better move.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:45 PM

I'd call the river. I like the turn check.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:47 PM

Do you like the turn check because if the action goes bet reraise you can just fold and save a bet?

I guess that is good too now that I think about it
Old 06-15-2006, 12:11 AM

My only question is with respects to the turn. If you call the turn, why fold the river? Catching two pair does you no good bc it makes a 4 card straight. I think if your calling turn, you have to call river. I would prefer to fold the turn though. Your A-10 is VERY vulnerable. Additionally, you don't have many outs. Even if you hit an Ace, you need one that is not a club. Like I said earlier, making two pair does you no good either. As played, call the river... that card couldn't have helped anybody. If your hand was good enough to put one BB in, then might as well show it down.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:23 AM

dootch-

Partle, I like it because we often save outselves from getting trapped and partly I like it because I hardly ever think that this turn goes through unbet, so basically, you are either letting one other player bet the turn for you or bailing for two.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:02 AM

b/f the turn.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would bet/fold the turn and then check call the river.

You don't have enough outs to a better hand to make a turn check call the better move.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sounds good.
Old 06-15-2006, 06:20 AM

With nobody showing any strength whatsoever, I'd bet the turn (but fold to a raise, as others have suggested). There's the obvious flush threat but not many other likely hands that the turn card helps to beat you.

You're already badly beaten by AK and AQ (which would often be raised pf) which leaves QJ and KT as the only realistic dangers. A set also seems unlikely as AA, JJ and QQ would usually be raised pf too.

If the turn is just called by your opponents, though, I might be tempted just to c/c the river when the blank comes. I'm not sure your AT really falls into the obvious bet for value range and there's a possibility somebody is being cheeky with a big hand.