Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 PM

Default 30K/40K stat post. Please advise

Awhile ago, i made a 20k stat post:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post4442942

Now it's time for my 30K stat post. This post is regarding 1/2 5 max. These stats are from my Pokerroom account.

Here's 10K more hands of 1/2 5max from my Eurobet account.

Interestingly, my 30K numbers are almost exactly identical to the 20K numbers from my 1st stat post. Which would mean that i havn't improved at all?!?! I think the only thing i have improved on is making more river calls especially with Ace high.

I guess im a little stuck and frustrated right now. I made this post awhile ago about taking a shot at 2/4, http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rue#Post4748660

Since then i have taken another shot in the 2/4 again and the same thing is happening. Down about $400 so far. The 2/4 seems almost the same as the 1/2 and im playing the same way. So how can i be doing so bad everytime i make a run at the 2/4? I just don't know what the hell to do. Still have 2 more bonuses to clear at pokerroom. I guess ill put my ego aside again and drop down to 1/2 to clear the bonuses, just like last time.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, thx
Old 06-14-2006, 01:42 PM

Default Re: 30K/40K stat post. Please advise

Keep playing 2/4. You numbers are outstanding at other limits. Your win rate will reflect your good play at 2/4. Re-evaluate your stats at 30k hands at 2/4.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:47 PM

amazing how low of a w$wsf you can have at that game and still have a winrate. if im not mistaken that's an indication that people never fold and that you are getting paid off nicely on the pots you do win. because mine is over 40%.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:59 PM

Yes, I noticed that too. He basically destroyed 0.5/1 by being a fit or folder. 20/6!!! He didn't even worry about blinds and just waited for TPGK or better it seems. I'd think you're throwing away money at that level with a pfr of 6, but the results say otherwise (13K hands is small, but not insignificant).

He played more average 26/15 type stats at 1/2 and still crushed it, but he also seemed to mostly ignore blind play and fold a lot.

Of course, I play Stars so that might make a difference.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, I noticed that too. He basically destroyed 0.5/1 by being a fit or folder. 20/6!!! He didn't even worry about blinds and just waited for TPGK or better it seems. I'd think you're throwing away money at that level with a pfr of 6, but the results say otherwise (13K hands is small, but not insignificant).

He played more average 26/15 type stats at 1/2 and still crushed it, but he also seemed to mostly ignore blind play and fold a lot.

Of course, I play Stars so that might make a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think those .5/1 stats are fullring.
Old 06-14-2006, 05:32 PM

how many tables do u play at a time?

do you select tables for fishes?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:45 PM

um wow. Give us some videos. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I dream of these winrates at 0.5/1 and 1/2.
Old 06-14-2006, 01:50 PM

One thing that jumps out at me is that folded to river bet percentage. I'm pretty sure that's too high...FWIW mine is about the same over 60k short handed hands. My other numbers are very, very close to yours but I'm only running about 1.8BB/100. I happen to think that the 27k hands at AP of miserable .6BB/100 have tainted my winrate, though. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] In any event, I'm wondering when my high folded to river bet percentage is going to bite me in the a$$. How important do you guys think it is to bring that number down?
Old 06-14-2006, 03:42 PM

Dont worry about it. I had similar stats when i moved from 2/4 to 3/6 and the same thing happened. It turned around eventually. You need to understand that your winrate will go down a bit and you will have some bad runs but after 40k hands at 4.4 BB/100, you are definately a winning player but the winrate will probably go down by the time you reach 100k.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:12 PM

while looking at your 10k eurobet hands and the difference of 1/2 and 2/4 i see youre going to showdowm the same percentages but you win not that often. small sample but you should review your hands if youre just running bad or the players there have tighter showdown standards and then eventually adjust.

you should really work on your blind play. you will pay a higher price at the higher limits when you dont learn to play in the blinds/the steals properly. youre playing/running good but there is more you can get.

cant comment your "white" stats because i dont know how much they are flawed by the longhanded(?) 1/2 games.

btw the way i dont think folding to a river bet in the 50s is that high when youre playing a lot of passive tables (and i think its maybe too low for longhanded).