Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Failed final, car broke down, how will my day get worse?

Cliffs notes: Car broke down after I failed final, what hilarity will ensue next?

My day started off spectacularly by working on a boring paper due tomorrow while neglecting to sufficiently study for the final I had today. With close to 100% certainty I can say that I failed it, and the class along with it. Barring some unusual circumstance, I assumed my day would go uphill from that point. Unfortunately, I was wrong.

I get to my car in the parking lot, turn it on, and it informs me the battery needs to be charged. No problem, I'll simply drive around the campus for 30 minutes or so and the problem is solved. A slight inconvenience, but it could be worse, like when my car wouldn't start in the parking lot 3-4 weeks ago. I was right, it could be worse, and soon it was, because after about 20 minutes of driving my car decided to quit on me while sitting at a red light. Fantastic. People honk at me instead of driving through the clear lane next to me, perhaps I didn't see the light had turned green 30 seconds earlier. After all the retards pass I turn my wheel to the right, put it in neutral and push it sort of out of the way as there is no place good to push it that I can get to. I call AAA at 4:45 and get told that the guy will be there to jump start me at 5:25 at the latest. 5:25 rolls around and I get a call "they should be there within 35 minutes". Fantastic, I think to myself. Finally he gets there and I expect to get jump started and be on my way to my apartment to finally finish my god forsaken paper and be done for the summer. Instead the guy informs me that my battery is not getting charged by the car and that something is boned. Knowing nothing about cars other than an hour earlier I had one that worked fine I thank him for this great news and ask him to take me to the nearest garage. He does so, and naturally it's closed, so he left it there. I believe I forgot to lock the car when I left, so I expect that some hooligans will rob me of the $3+ in change, my little red flashlight, my leatherman and probably my radio and everything else that can be taken out. Tow guy drops me off at random bus station, apparently I never got a sticker to put on my school ID this quarter to ride the bus for free (seems sort of useless when I thought I had a car that would transport me, oops), so I throw away $1.25 for the bus. Bus stops 500 miles from my apartment (more like 2 blocks, but I'm lazy) and finally here I am, almost ready to get cracking on my paper.

So, OOT, I ask you, how will my day get any worse? Feel free to add any suggestions for a way it could go worse other than the options below, or tell me the story of how much better your day has gone than mine.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:49 PM

Default Re: Failed final, car broke down, how will my day get worse?

[ QUOTE ]
So, OOT, I ask you, how will my day get any worse?

[/ QUOTE ]

you go home, drop some ham, it chips off and you run out of TP
Old 06-13-2006, 10:53 PM

Later tonight I will get your GF pregnant, she will convince you it's your's.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:54 PM

You could become Andrew Karpinksi.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:56 PM

Two words: Bird flu.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Computer crashes, permanently, after you've finished paper but before you've printed it out or backed it up. Then a nearby dog barks all night so you get no sleep. Also cable is out, so no tv to distract you. All you can do is lie on the floor, stare at the ceiling, and fail to come up with a good excuse for an extension.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:58 PM

Karpinski gets you pregnant by peeing in your orange juice.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:59 PM

Ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.
Old 06-13-2006, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, that's messed up
Old 06-13-2006, 11:22 PM

you'll get banned from here